Friday 27 August 2021

Friday's Fave Five - 27/8/21


Friday already?  Time to look back on the week and find the favourite things and then share over at Susanne's site: Living to Tell the Story.

1)  My bowel screening test came back clear.  It was a routine test so I wasn't expecting any surprises but still good to get that confirmed.

2)  My new Fitbit arrived and I'm getting used to it.  It has more features than my last one which I'm gradually getting to grips with.

3)  We had these little guys here this week:



Miles seems fully recovered from his bout of Covid and Noah enjoyed an adventure with his Daddy while he was here.  He took him on the cable car across the Thames or as Noah put it the "flying car".

4)  My son, DIL and Rory and Vinny arrived back safely from the US.  It was lovely catching up with them again this week too.  We even managed a picnic lunch in the garden.


5)  We survived the sleepover with Nathan last Friday.  He did wake up around 3am and I had to snuggle in with him but he was fine in the morning so we're definitely putting it down as a success!

Definitely a family focussed week, my favourite way to spend time.

Have a good weekend.

11 comments:

  1. What fun, Wendy! Glad your test came back negative! Always good to hear. I loved seeing the pictures you shared and loved reading this post! Have a lovely weekend! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your picnic in the garden looks so cute ! I suppose it wasn't a boring time !! But now you can rest !
    I had my yearly check up for the BCPO (lung disease) it stays stable and I can continue with the actual medicin. Was I relieved !

    ReplyDelete
  3. And what a wonderful family week it sounds like! Love the backyard picnic. Kids love eating outdoors on blankets. It's wasp season here right now and they are plentiful this year so that's over for us because I don't deal with wasps well unfortunately.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds a great week. I like the idea of the cable car ride. I must do that one with my grandson.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Family weeks are the best! I love that picture of Miles crossing the Thames on the cable car--that grin!
    Good news on the successful US trip for your son and his family.
    Have a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm glad your test came back clear. That's always a relief. What a nice family week. I'm glad everyone is doing well and the sleepover was a success. It's nice to have that shadow from the fence to picnic in. My grandson would enjoy the "flying car," too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So glad you had a normal screening test. Looks like it has been a fun week with your family. Much to be grateful for! See you again soon.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So glad your screening went well. I don't think I have ever had to have one of those although i've had the colon one. YAY for family time......and snuggles in bed with grands.

    I have a new fitbit too!! (the Inspire 2). I had TWO different ones previous to this: the Alta HR (screen dies out after 2 years...NOT ok) and the Charge 3 (again, after 2 years the screen goes black! Fianlly got a support person who said i could fix it. Did all the steps and still black. So I started reading reviews and sure enough this is an issue for their Charge products. I had to threaten them with switching to an Apple product unless they could either replace my Charge for free or get me a discount for a new fitbit. They gave me the discount for a new one!!.(read more reviews and the Inspire won me over). Hope yours works out well

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good and Fun News.. my favorite.
    Love, Carla

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your little ones are so cute. Glad you are enjoying time with them. Covid just keeps wreaking havoc with the world and it's so exhausting trying to keep up with what to do or not do. Stay well!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey, is all well in London with you?

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments and will do my best to acknowledge them, either by replying here or dropping in on your blog.

Thanks for stopping by.