Sunday 22 May 2022

Is it Sunday? 22/5/22

Yep it's Sunday so over a week since I last posted here.  You could be forgiven for thinking I'd fallen down a rabbit hole with Alice.

I seem to have lost my enthusiasm for blogging this last week or so but it has been a busy time.  Getting the bedrooms straight after the decorating took time and then last weekend we had all the grandkids and their parents here on Saturday for an early birthday celebration for Noah and Rory.  Noah turned four on Tuesday and Rory will turn 4 on 1st June so last weekend was the nearest we could get to both birthdays for a family get together.

It coincided with the Eurovision song competition which 2 of my DILs are very keen to watch and enjoy.  To the extent of having European flavoured drinks and snacks.  This meant we ended up with 2 of the 3 families staying overnight.  The grandchildren were actually quite good at going to bed and sleeping, although they were up early the next morning.

Of course it was lovely to see them all together but it does get a bit hectic and then there are beds to change, extra towels etc to wash after they've all gone home.

It's a bit tricky getting a decent photo of all 6 grandchildren together.  This was probably one of the best ones:


Another thing we managed to do this week was deliver the blanket I'd worked on with my daughter and 2 of my DILs for Maya.  Maya is the daughter of one of Nick's nieces.  Another cutie.



So what with straightening up the house, visiting family, babysitting grandkids and so on, blogging has definitely been taking a back seat.  I haven't even been doing as much reading as I usually do.

Another time stealer has been games on my phone.  I'm sure most of you can guess the main culprit there.  Well tonight I've deleted them.  I'll probably relapse and add it back at some point but for now that's one less thing to take away blogging time.

Today has been a nice relaxed day.  We walked down to the lake and then into the park as it was the Highams Park festival today.  There were fairground rides there, a display of classic cars, live music and lots of stalls either promoting local organisations or selling food.

The weather was lovely today so lots of people were in the park and the queues for food were long everywhere so we decided to walk into town and had a nice lunch at a place called The Melting Point Bistro.  Nick has been there quite a lot but it was the first time for me.  Won't be the last either.  We had some lovely tapas dishes and some wine.

That's two good meals I've had this weekend as on Friday our Ladies Lunch group became a supper occasion and our host cooked a lovely salmon dish accompanied by an aubergine dish both of which were delicious.  Finished off with a fruit flan and of course washed down with wine, although not too much for me as I had to drive home.  The company was also good so a very enjoyable evening.

So lots to be thankful for this week although I didn't get around to doing my usual Friday Fave Five post.

Now I'm off to bed with a new book on my Kindle.  Have a good week all.  Hopefully I'll get around to visiting your blogs and leaving some comments!




11 comments:

  1. Sounds like a fun week. That is a great picture of you and your hubby with your grands. Have a good week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I fell down the rabbit hole for about a month! It's nice to be back catching up with you. The photo of you and the grands is just precious! It's rare that we get all of ours together these days. I admire you for deleting the games. I had to do that with one a long time ago, but now I have a couple more that I play everyday. At least with these, they only give you one game a day and that's it. Have a good week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Karen. Yes I still have a few daily games which I enjoy too.

      Delete
  3. Very common to let blogging fall by the wayside when you have such other fun stuff going on. Cute picture of you guys and the grands. Also, lovely quilt and cute baby there too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Janet. Yes I haven't even signed up for the A-Z Roadtrip this year.

      Delete
  4. A wonderful photo for the memory bank. It takes me so long to write a post these days especially my underground ones. I am hooked on Wordle and Quordle and do them in bed as soon as I wake in the morning. As you say fitting something else into the day is not so easy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes my daily routine includes Wordle, Quordle, Octordle, Secordle Global and Worldle. Thank goodness I'm retired lol

      Delete
  5. This end part of May I am designating as my "blog-visiting" time. I've hit up all the reflections posts, and now I'm back to check out what those blogs are really like! I totally understand how blogging takes a back-burner. That's normal for me, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm gradually working my way through the list. Thanks for your visit.

      Delete
  6. That's all so lovely and happy to read...and that first pic is cute Ness over loaded ❤️ and some how among them all u hav that babyish charm and grin too . ..u r very pretty. Touch wood.....lovely post. My best to u all

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments and will do my best to acknowledge them, either by replying here or dropping in on your blog.

Thanks for stopping by.