Friday 3 June 2022

Alice is back! 3/6/22



Well I’m glad you woke up from that dream when you did Wendy.  It was a real nightmare.

Alice?

Well of course it’s me Alice.  Hey wait, you haven’t got another muse while I’ve been taking a break have you?

No of course not Alice.  But where have you been?

I’ve been taking a well-earned break Wendy.  All those A-Z posts exhausted me.

Yes April was a bit intense wasn’t it?  And now we’re into June!  Hey hang on.  You talked about my dream Alice.  Does that mean you’re privy to my dreams Alice?

Unfortunately Wendy I am privy to all your thoughts including your sleeping ones and that dream was horrible.  Where on earth did you come across such a monstrous spider?

Thankfully I haven’t Alice but someone posted a picture of the Huntsman spider as it’s called on Facebook I think and it was obviously tucked away in my mind somewhere.

Hmm yes I remember you reading about how it can swallow its prey whole so doesn’t need a web but thankfully it doesn’t live up to its name and hunt men, or women come to that.

No Alice but it can give you a nasty bite if provoked.  And yes the dream was a bit horrible – coming across one of those that then spurted out lots of little spiders when I tried to hit it.  I dread to think where the nightmare would have gone if the alarm hadn’t gone off and woken me up.

Perhaps you could stick to reading nicer things Wendy and that goes for TV too.  That series Pieces of Her on Netflix was a bit gory at times.

Yes well that was based on a book I’d read so I wanted to see how it compared.

And?

Hard to say.  I couldn’t remember much of the book but it was a good series.  I’m sorry you didn’t like it Alice but hopefully you enjoyed the programmes I’ve been watching about the Queen and her Platinum Jubilee.

Well sort of.  I liked the lighting of the beacons last night and the programme with all her photos and cine recordings was interesting but the Trooping of the Colour had way too many horses and guns on display for my liking.  And so many people in the crowds.  You’d have hated to have been there in person Wendy.

True Alice.  I would have found it very claustrophobic.  But that’s the beauty of television.  You get to see all the best bits and can fast forward through the boring bits.

Well I imagine the Queen would like to be able to fast forward through all the boring bits of her life too.  I mean, 70 years of having to attend openings, ceremonies, investitures etc.  I quite fancy the side of her life where she’s waited on hand and foot and has all those lovely clothes (although not my style obviously) and jewels but she has to do so much boring stuff too.

Well I think she’s wonderful for putting up with all that “boring stuff” as you call it Alice and although she might be waited on there’s a lot more to her life than people give her credit for.

Do you think she’ll make it to 100?

Possibly Alice.  Her Mother did after all.  They obviously have good genes. 

Poor old Charles.  He’ll probably get to be King but I don’t think he’ll be celebrating any jubilees

No but he is gradually doing more and more now that the Queen is getting frail. 

Would you like to get to 100 Wendy?

Not sure Alice.  It would be lovely to be able to see how the Grandchildren’s lives pan out but I’d only want to last that long if all my marbles were intact and I still had you making life interesting!

I think that’s the nicest thing you’ve ever said to me Wendy.

Yes well I’m in a good mood Alice.  Don’t count on it lasting

(For anyone new to my blog find out more about Alice here.)

4 comments:

  1. Oh, now, I'm intrigued...Alice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome back, Alice! I've been away, too, but it looks like I popped back just in time for you:)

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments and will do my best to acknowledge them, either by replying here or dropping in on your blog.

Thanks for stopping by.