Saturday 25 June 2022

Friday's Fave Five 24/6/22


And......it's Friday again!  Joining in with Susanne and looking back over my week to find the things I'm grateful for.  Join in here.

1)  Firstly I'm glad to have my laptop working again.  I managed to find a local chap who had good recommendations on Facebook to look at it.  The bad news was that the hard drive had failed but the good news was that he was able to fit a new, more up to date hard drive and service the whole machine and now it's working much faster.  I have lost some files - note to self KEEP THINGS BACKED UP! but nothing that was vital or precious.  (At least I don't think so lol)

2)  Granddaughter Ella has been much better this week.  Still not eating as well or sleeping too well but she hasn't been feverish and poorly like she was last week.

3)  Time with family last weekend - Eldest son and his family were here and we babysat the grandsons while he and his wife went to Harry Potter World.  We also had our youngest son and his family here and (apart from our youngest son) they all stayed overnight Saturday to Sunday.  It was hectic but the grandsons do love seeing one another and Nathan was able to join them for a while on Sunday.  Didn't take many pics but my daughter snapped these two.

Three little monkeys!



"Helping" refill the bird feeders!

4)  I'm grateful for patience and perseverance.  While setting out this post I discovered that the photos on my iphone were not automatically uploading to my laptop.  It took me ages to work out how to get that working again!  Technology can be very challenging at times lol.

5)  A lovely evening walk tonight around the lake.




This is the park area to the East of the forest.

The lake

Hard to see but there are at least 2 baby coots in the nest.






The swan family - the goslings are getting so big!




One of the crossing points across the River Ching which runs to the side of the lake.  There is another crossing further north that has no handrails and until today was missing 2 planks!

My landmark for turning towards home.


Once I spot the fallen tree I know I have to bear left

This is the entrance into the forest.


And looking to the right as you emerge is the road that I live on - takes about 5 minutes to get home.

Phew done!  And only slightly into Saturday!

Have a good weekend all.
 

14 comments:

  1. Not quite 10:00 pm on Friday here, so your post is on time here in Lakeland, FL!! I love seeing the grandkids and how big they are getting! It is such a blessing for all that you have so many opportunities to take part in their lives. Glad your computer is working again!! Great news. Have a good weekend!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Technology is indeed a challenge. I'm technologically-challenged anyway so it's double frustration. What a lovely 5 min walk from your home! Grandchildren are such blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Barbara Harper25 June 2022 at 14:47

    What a nice area to walk. I'm glad your computer was able to be fixed with minimal loss. Technology is a great help but also a pain when it doesn't work right. Glad you figured out the issues with the photos.It's wonderful Ella is doing better and you all had great time with the family.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely area to walk in!! Oh technology. It gives me headaches for sure. Glad you were able to get your computer fixed and that you didn't lose anything important that you know of. And as always, your grandchildren are adorable. So nice that you can spend so much time with them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Being able to spend time with the Grandkids is definitely my favourite blessing!

      Delete
  5. Oh good news on the laptop being in good condition again. What would we do without our electronics?
    Those are sweet photos of the grands playing together.
    I love love your photos of your walk!
    Have a good week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I do love the photos of the grands and of your walk. I would love to join you on a walk someday. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I enjoyed going on your walk with you:) The photo of the three boys in the net is precious!

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments and will do my best to acknowledge them, either by replying here or dropping in on your blog.

Thanks for stopping by.