Friday 10 June 2022

Friday's Fave Five - 10/6/22


It's Friday already so time to link up with Susanne and other like minded bloggers and list our 5 favourite things we're grateful for this past week.  You can find out more here.

1)  Family time.  Last Saturday we had our youngest son and his family here.  We often have them over at some point at the weekend but this time we suggested they stay over until Sunday which they did.  This meant once the little ones (Rory and Vinny) were in bed we could have some adult time together and we played an interesting board game.  I think it also made their weekend easier with the kids entertained and everyone fed without much effort.

2)  On Sunday after the kids had gone home I managed to grab some down time and watched the Queen's Platinum Jubilee Pageant from the comfort of my sofa.  It was certainly a spectacle.  They featured things from each decade she's been on the throne and, thankfully, although it was very cloudy and grey, the rain held off.  It must have been a nightmare to organise as the parade goes down the Mall and then around the area in front of Buckingham Palace and that cannot be rehearsed in advance but it all seemed to go off really well and to time.  The funniest part though was probably the antics of Prince Louis - Prince William's youngest son.  His attention span was clearly too short for the entire pageant and his behaviour was very typical of a bored, just turned 4 year old.  Of course it's embarrassing for most of us when our toddlers misbehave but imagine doing that in front of an audience of millions!

3)  38 Years married!  Our anniversary was yesterday.  We had a quiet day but went out for a meal in the evening.  We tried out a Turkish restaurant in town and it was ok.  It's a nice venue and the food wasn't bad but it wasn't great if you know what I mean.  We can tick that one off the list of places to try but we definitely wouldn't rush back, especially as there are still other places for us to try.


4)  
The bees have landed.  The knitting group I've been going to recently were hanging the bees and bunting yesterday ready for the Highams Park Arts Trail which starts today.  Lots of the knitters have been making bees over the last month or so and then there were requests for bunting which I was able to help with.  The bees are fantastic but I'm not great at making small things like that and as for these:



Definitely works of art.  (They are toppers on a couple of the Post Boxes in the centre of town.)

5)  Sunshine.  We've had a bit of rain on and off this week but today the sun is out and I'm sitting watching the birds feeding on the feeding station and generally contemplating how fortunate I am in so many ways.

Have a good weekend all.


15 comments:

  1. The bees and buntings are so cute! Happy anniversary to you and your hubby ☺️ Karen at Over the Backyard Fence

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've had to watch snippets of the Queen's Jubilee celebrations courtesy of You Tube. I can't imagine all that it took to plan it all! But, they sure did the Queen proud! Children are children whether they're heirs to the throne or not. I think that William and Kate are great parents. Happy Anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy anniversary! I know what you mean about the restaurant. We've had some like that--glad we went so now we know what it's like, ok, but probably wouldn't go again at least any time soon.

    Glad you had some extended family time! I saw bits of the Queen's Jubilee. I'm so glad she was able to participate in a good bit of it.

    What fun the bees on the art trail are! Yea for sunshine.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Anniversary!! our 32nd is coming up on June 30th. I hope to be totally sinus pain free by then!!! (ugh...it's back today....it's a puzzle for sure..going on 12 weeks now....sinus scan was yesterday and no results yet reported to me). Anyways....i digress....I love the cute bees and buntings.....what a fun concept. I've watched snippets of the Jubliee...that little Prince Louie is absolutely adorable. he did very well for 4 yr olds.
    Happy weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Prince Louis is adorable and it was a long time to keep him entertained.

      Delete
  5. Hope this comment goes thru - Happy Anniversary to you and your husband. And a very special congratulations to your lovely Queen. She is just amazing. I’ve become a fan of the royal family over the years and follow news about them. They are just like any regular family - some stars, some duds, some hard workers and some embarrassments! Just so you know we are very happy to have Prince Harry living in our country. I respect his decision to step back, to go his own way. They made some mistakes in parting and I think there may have been some mistakes made by family members - but all are humans. Hopefully they can eventually patch up bad feelings - for the Queen’s sake if nothing else.

    Elaine at MyNext20YearsofLiving.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am grateful for family time this past week!! Happy anniversary!! Not sure I would care for Turkish food and I don't think we have a Turkish restaurant here in Lakeland. The post box knitted toppers are really cute. Well done!! Enjoy the sunshine!! Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Terri. I think you probably would enjoy Turkish food - lots of things like kebabs and salads.

      Delete
  7. For a second I felt the bees r real but opened and zoomed the pic:) great crafts....makes the place so lovely..dropping here after long....good to know what's happening ur side...heartiest congrats on ur anniversary 🥂🥂

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Anniversary! I haven't tried Turkish food yet but it's on my list. Not sure if we have a restaurant in town, we'd probably have to go to the big city. The bee crafts are too cute. Enjoy that sun!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sorry, I'm having issues with commenting and linking in this format. Just trying to see if I change something if it will work. Please delete this comment.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy Anniversary!! We celebrated 25 years on May 31.
    I love the bee idea.
    Have a great new week! :-)

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments and will do my best to acknowledge them, either by replying here or dropping in on your blog.

Thanks for stopping by.