Friday 1 July 2022

Friday's Fave Five 1/7/22


It's Friday already so time to look back on the week and share our blessings - this is hosted by Susanne here.

1)  My birthday!  (Last Sunday) I survived another year.  

2)  A meal out on Saturday evening - we tried out an Indian restaurant that's just at the end of our road.  We'd had takeaway from there before so we knew the food was good but it was nice to eat in and there was a good atmosphere in the restaurant.  Food and service were good too.

3)  Family time on Sunday - it was a day of two halves as Granddaughter Ella is only just getting over a virus and Grandson Rory was a bit under the weather the day before so the families agreed not to mix here.  This meant we had my younger son and his family here in the morning until just after lunch and then my daughter and her family came in the afternoon.  My original plan had been for them all to be here for an afternoon tea with sandwiches and cakes plus scones with clotted cream and jam so they both had that and Nick and I just grazed on food all day!

4)  A catch up with my best friend.  We've meaning to get together for weeks but it just hadn't happened so it was lovely to finally meet up.

5)  Hubby's laptop has also been upgraded this week and he now has a working mousepad on it - he'd previously spilt tea on it so the mousepad wasn't working very well.  It didn't bother him too much as he usually plugs in a mouse anyway but I am so used to not working with a mouse that if I use his laptop I prefer to use the pad so glad it's working now and of course it's much faster too.

Those are the highlights of my week.  Haven't done as much walking this week as it's been quite showery but that's saved me the job of watering my flower pots every night!  Have a good weekend all.

16 comments:

  1. Oh, happy birthday, Wendy!! Wishing you so many blessings in this year ahead!! I hate using the tough pad and insist on a mouse!! Have just never gotten used to that touch pad. Sounds like everyone is on the mend and that you had some nice family fun on Sunday, even if not all together like you intended. Happy weekend!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Happy Birthday to you! I'm glad you have survived another year.
    All the fun things of your week sound great--family, friends, and even having that laptop upgraded. We sometimes don't realize how much we use those electronics.
    Happy Weekend to you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy birthday! It sounds like you had a wonderful day with friends and family!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday! It's too bad you couldn't have your tea party with your family but t least you did get to celebrate with them, even if they had to split up visits. I have to use a mouse with my laptop. I can use the mouse pad but it's not my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Belated happy birthday! I'm glad you got to celebrate with family, even if at different times. We have not eaten in restaurants much lately, but it's a nice outing when we do. How nice to meet up with friends. It's good your husband's laptop was fixed. I usually prefer the mouse, but the more I use the mousepad, the easier I find it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Birthday, Wendy! I always appreciate a good rain at this time of year, as it saves me a day or two of watering. It's always nice to catch up with friends:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy birthday! Glad that you could see the kids even if not all together.

    Janet’s Smiles

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Birthday!! Sounds like you had a great week. I'm happy to hear you got to visit with your family.

    ReplyDelete
  9. So pleased you managed to see celebrate your birthday with the family eventhough it had to be done separately. I love the sunshine but have been grateful for some rain this week although the garden is still desperate for more.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy Birthday!!! Your celebrations sounded fun.. even if they had to be tweaked. I am just happy you were still able to meet up, that is the best. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy belated birthday! Yes, trying to keep kids well (and the adults too!) can be challenging. Your menu sounds so nice. I cannot find clotted cream here, but I've made my own and it's pretty good too. Hope you're doing well!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Before I can comment on your blog I have to click on "ATOM" at the end of your blog. There are many like this, apparently mine is fine. I don't know what this is as a new invention. My weeks are always the same I still haven't touched Ricks bags from the retirement home which Dario has left me. I wait until I

    ReplyDelete
  13. am ready ! the comment went off from alone !

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments and will do my best to acknowledge them, either by replying here or dropping in on your blog.

Thanks for stopping by.