Friday 18 August 2023

Friday's Fave Five - 18/8/23


I'm here!  Missed a few weeks so lots I could include but I'll try and narrow it down to 5.

You can join in the fun at our host Susanne's blog here.

1)  The hard work of eating healthily and being more active.  According to my latest blood tests I've moved out of the pre-diabetic range back into the normal range.  I'm still working on the diet and exercise though as it's definitely helping with the weight loss.  Down 9 pounds since I started.  It's been a slow and steady reduction but hopefully it will continue.

2)  Lots of family time last week.  Eldest son and his family were here for the week so it was a bit hectic and the morning starts were a lot earlier than we're used to but you can't really complain if little ones are up at 6am when they've been in bed and asleep since 7.30 the night before.

Ella and Miles enjoying bubbles

Noah, hubby, Miles and son Matthew on their way to see dinosaurs.

What do you do when the game of football is getting a bit heated?
Bring out the icecreams!

3)  A visit from one of my brothers and his wife this week.  We hadn't seen them for a while so it was good to catch up with them.

4)  A long chat with my other brother by phone last night.  He is undergoing cancer treatment and is about to start a course of immunotherapy treatment but he seems to be doing ok at the moment.  

5)  I'm grateful that we are lucky to have no money worries and we always have food on the table etc and that I can now help out at a Food Bank that supports those who are not so fortunate.

Have a good weekend all.


13 comments:

  1. Congrats on the weight loss and the back to normal blood tests! I just had mine done and thankfully they weren't as bad as I thought. I've lost about 5 pounds so far this month. Cute pictures.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Janet and well done on your loss too.

      Delete
  2. Hooray for that #1....pounds down and numbers down too! Way to go! Thanks for stopping by my blog earlier...nice to meet you:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on number 1! I struggle too with the weight loss: I starve to death and lose half pound! 🤪 And time spent with family is always a good thing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I have mainly cut down on things like croissants, biscuits, pies and chocolate, reduced the size of my meals and upped my walking and that seems to be working. I'm definitely not starving myself and if I do feel hungry I'm trying to opt for a healthier snack.

      Delete
  4. Congrats on your weight loss and healthier eating!! keep it up!! My husband is down 29 lbs and wants to lose about 5 more.

    How fun to have time with your extended family and grandchildren!!

    I love helping out at Food Banks. Been a long time since i have, although we donate to it frequently through our church.

    I hope you have a lovely weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Faith. Definitely in the swing of things now and I haven't found it too hard.

      Delete
  5. A beautiful post, Wendy!! Thanks for sharing the joy with us!! I love seeing the photos of the kids. Growing up fast!! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great news about your numbers! I struggle with mine, too, so I'm really impressed. The photos of the kids make me smile. They're all beautiful. Sending good wishes for your brother.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good news on the health realm. Eating healthy is worth all the changes.
    Your grands are so cute! I'm glad you had all that time with them.
    I hope your brother does well in the treatments.
    Have a good week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good work on the health improvements! So good to have so much family time. I wish all the best for your brother in his treatments.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just came across a link on fb. Didn't realise you were still blogging. I haven't now for years. I prefer the ease of Instagram. I'll try and pop back regularly. x

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments and will do my best to acknowledge them, either by replying here or dropping in on your blog.

Thanks for stopping by.