Wednesday 16 August 2023

Where to start?

Where to start indeed!

It feels like an age since I was last here.  I just don't seem to have been spending any time on my computer these last few weeks.  I've just spent a couple of hours catching up on blog posts, making sure I haven't missed any major events.  I've tried to leave a few comments here and there - apologies if you didn't get one.

I've been focussing on eating healthily and getting plenty of walking in and I just haven't felt motivated to blog.  But the hard work is paying off as I've now lost 9 pounds since I had the pre-diabetic blood test result and .... drumroll please - I had another blood test done recently and I was back in the normal range!

I'm still attending the support sessions offered though as it's been interesting and informative and the weigh-ins keep me motivated to keep up the healthy habits and hopefully lose some more weight.

Last week was a bit hectic as we had my elder son and his family here for the week.  Early wake ups as the grandsons are usually in bed and asleep by 7.30 at the latest but consequently awake around 6 am!

I still need to work on my bedtime routines as I'm not getting to bed very early so probably not getting enough sleep.  

They returned home to Nottingham on Sunday so since then I've been doing all the extra laundry generated by having guests - extra bedding, towels etc and getting the beds remade and some housework done.

Today we had my brother and his wife here for lunch which made a nice change.

Tomorrow I will be doing what's become a regular thing of volunteering at the local Food Bank.  I often tend to be in the kitchen making cups of tea and coffee, plus we provide snacks such as jacket potatoes or something on toast.  Nothing too complicated!

Now I'm off to bed and looking forward to reading something easier than the book I've just finished - A Week in December by Sebastian Faulks.  It took me 3 weeks to read - I didn't like the characters or the plot but I hate giving up on a book and it ticked a box on the summer reading challenge I opted to do.

Hopefully it won't be another 3 weeks before I blog again!

10 comments:

  1. So nice to have this catch-up post, Wendy!! I've missed you and happy that your absence has been because of busy times with friends and family rather than sickness. Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so nice to hear news from you. Congratulations on your health challenge success! It's so much harder as we get older, and your weight loss is an inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  3. First congratulations that your health is better and that you lost weight ! Keep going !! In the past when we had guests overnight, they always brought their bedstuff with them, so that the one who received had not too much work. Found that a good idea. Everybody did it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a good idea but when my son comes their car is packed full and the boot space is limited by the dog! Don't think they'd have room for bedding lol

      Delete
  4. Congrats on the weight loss! I know it is hard. I just had my blood test and fortunately, even though I had gained some weight it still wasn't too bad. I have refocused and am back on track. I've got a 50th reunion of our high school coming up in October!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. That's a good thing to motivate you.

      Delete
  5. Hi, a good catch up... good news regarding the weight loss!!! High Fives!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You should do one of the Conqueror walking challenges. That will get you walking. Not that I lost any weight doing it! Have you read where the crawdads sing? I just finished it and loved it.

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments and will do my best to acknowledge them, either by replying here or dropping in on your blog.

Thanks for stopping by.