Friday 25 August 2023

Friday's Fave Five - 25/8/23


It's Friday so time to catch up with other like minded bloggers and look back on the week to find the good things.  Our host Susanne's blog can be found here.

1)  A Ladies Lunch on Tuesday with 3 of my former work colleagues.  It was my turn to host.  I made a reasonably healthy chicken traybake dish for the main course but then made this for dessert:


Fruit's healthy right?  It required gelatine which can always be a bit hit or miss but thankfully it turned out okay and was yummy.

2)  A knit and natter session on Wednesday evening which is always enjoyable.

3)  A busy morning at the food bank on Thursday - lots of beneficiaries being helped.

4)  A nice time with Ella on Wednesday while Nathan was out with my DIL.  Although her Mummies didn't thank me for the late nap she had.  But she was so sweet - she just climbed up onto my lap, snuggled in and dropped right off to sleep.


5)  I still managed to fit in some walks this week to work off all those extra calories and yesterday I managed this:


in fact by the time I went to bed I'd done over 15,000 steps.

It probably won't look as good over the next few days but I'll report back on that next week.

Have a good weekend all.


9 comments:

  1. WOW good for you on getting those steps in. this has been a slow week for me.....although on the day I climbed a mountain I managed to get over 10,000. I kind of miss working for that reason......:)

    Your granddaughter looks so cute curled up on your lap!

    Getting together for lunch with friends is always a blessing, isn't it?

    OOh.....you volunteer at a food bank? I'm still trying to decide where and when I want to volunteer other than co-leading a Bible study with hubby starting in 3 weeks and leading my own book group/hiking group.

    I hope you have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww a cuddle nap with Grandma, what a sweet picture. The dessert does look good! How fun you still get together with work collegues. I used to volunteer at the soup kitchen and enjoyed it. Haven't done it since my Saturdays are now taken up with doing Mom's running around but someday I'll get back to it, maybe when I'm retired and can actually volunteer on weekdays.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do miss the coziness of kids and grandkids sleeping in my lap or beside me. That dessert looks wonderful! Good work on getting so many steps in. Yay for getting together with friends and volunteering.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my, I love the cuddle time. I love the photo too, precious.
    Have a great weekend!
    Carla

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, that's a lot of steps! Good on you!
    Ella's nap is a sweet thing.
    We had 'knit and natter' last Saturday. I guess I should have added that to my faves because those times really are fun.
    That dessert does look yummy :)
    Have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It feels so good to have a little one sleeping on you. Total trust and full of love. You have a good and busy week!! Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi nice that Ella slept with you. That is true peace and comfort for a child and rewarding for the adult too! That dessert looks so yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love those naps with the grands. I usually fall asleep, too. 15,000 steps is great!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I only got 10,000 in this week because we went to a concert and there were stairs to climb. Also dancing LOL

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments and will do my best to acknowledge them, either by replying here or dropping in on your blog.

Thanks for stopping by.