Friday 23 February 2024

Friday's Fave Five - 23/2/24


The last Friday of February already - time to look back on the week and find the blessings - Susanne is our host and blogs here.

1)  Thankful that I'm over this latest bout of Covid - tested negative yesterday and feeling much better.

2)  Thankful for all the get well wishes and kind words from fellow bloggers - it's great to know you're not posting things into a void.

3)  Thankful to see Grandson Nathan yesterday - we didn't see him all of this past week because of Covid so it was good to be able to spend some time with him - we're catching up with Ella, Rory and Vinny tomorrow.

4)  A Ladies Lunch today.  It was Ana's turn to host and we had a lovely Italian style platter with cold meats and cheese for starters, followed by Lasagne and then raspberries and meringue for dessert.  All of which were yummy but it's the company that's most important.

5)  Thankful for my library and my TBR pile - I've done a lot of reading over the past week or so and ticked off quite a few books now on my 52 book challenge.  

Also thankful that I can accept that my step count and walking for this month will be really low due to being ill.  We've also had a LOT of rain so finding time to walk would have been a bit tricky.  I did fit in a 30 minute exercise session though on a free app I found.  It's called Couch to Fit and is similar to the Couch to 5K programme that I've done before so I'm hoping to stick to it.  Watch this space!

Have a good weekend all.

8 comments:

  1. I am glad you are over the covid!
    I think maybe that rain you had this week came across the pond from me cuz we had so much rain two weeks ago.
    No coffee for you? More for me :) I like tea, too.
    Have a good week and enjoy your time with the grands.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am also glad that you are over covid!! You have been busy getting back into the groove with grandson Nathan and the ladies' luncheon. The food sounds perfectly delicious! There are always wonderful things to be thankful for! I count my blessings daily. Thanks for letting us know you are well, Wendy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good that you are over covid. I had it once but got a mild version. There are all sort of things out there. Your ladies lunch sounds nice. I met my friends for breakfast this morning. I need to get out walking this week. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh no--sorry you had Covid but glad you're feeling better and able to catch up with the grandkids. That ladies' lunch sounds wonderful. Yay for time to read books!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You still have Covid around ? Here they told us not to do a test because it's mostly a simple flu with the same symptoms. Nobody is wearing a mask either, but lots of people have a cold ! (or maybe Covid) You had a nice week and good Italian food ! I learn the Belgian food now, and always think about my grandma, because it is very similar, and really very good. Dario and Toby had been in Italy (Dolomits) skiing and it took them 20 h to come back because the Brenner was closed it snowed too much ! He was exhausted when he arrived in Amsterdam. As you we have a lot of rain and I still could walk only once in our park. Today I wanted and then it rained.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad to hear you are over Covid and ready to go out and about. Trying to go out for a decent walk is not easy with all this rain turning the footpaths into quagmires.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello, happy to hear you are feeling better.
    Time to read... yes, yes, yes!! :-) I am close to finishing a book tonight.
    Love, Carla

    ReplyDelete
  8. So glad to hear you are over covid and feeling better. Books and libraries are indeed a blessing! The Italian lunch sounds delicious and the company fun.

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments and will do my best to acknowledge them, either by replying here or dropping in on your blog.

Thanks for stopping by.