Friday 8 September 2017

Friday's Fave Five 8/9/17


Fridays are a time to look back on the week and share our blessings.
If you want to join in or check out the other participants pop over to our host Suzanne's blog at Living to Tell the Story

Well I have missed a couple of weeks here - we were on holiday with really slow internet so I gave up trying to post.  You can read about the holiday here.


I have lots to be thankful for:

1.  Time with family - we had our own family with us on holiday but also hubby's extended family.  

2.  Living in a hurricane/storm free place.  Sometimes our weather can be wet and miserable and I hate it when the clocks go back and it gets dark so early but when I see and read about all the current devastation going on with storms and forest fires etc I'm reminded that actually our weather isn't something I should really complain about.

3.  Not having to go back to work after summer break anymore.  Several great nephews have started school this week and my DILs went back to work and I was just so glad not to be part of that.  Of course there are some aspects of working that I miss but overall I'm glad to be at home.

4.  An evening out with friends.  We tried a Thai restaurant I hadn't been to before and it was really good.  As usual I forgot to take pictures!

5.  A good check up for Nathan.  He went back to the NICU for a thorough check up on Wednesday and they were so pleased with him that he is now on a less intensive follow up pattern.  He really is doing well and is so responsive now.  We spent Wednesday afternoon and evening with them.

 I could look at pictures of him all day!

Have a good weekend all and if you're affected by any of the extreme weather issues stay safe!

 

5 comments:

  1. Your comment about living in the UK reminded me that my husband and I were just saying we are thankful we live in eastern New York state and not the southern region or mid west USA. We do have some affects of Harvey and Irma as our weather has been on and off windy and rainy but nothing like what those folks are experiencing.

    I am assuming the baby is a grandson? how cute he is! glad he is getting good reports!!

    The vacation sounds fun!
    I am one of the teachers who went back to work Tuesday but it has been wonderful! I am only 57 so I need to keep teaching while my youngest is in university and then perhaps I will just volunteer somewhere.

    have a restful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hurray for the good news about your grandson. I like looking at photos of my grandkiddos, too. They always bring a smile to my face.

    How nice to be able to stay home from work. You have earned it. I really LIKE my job, but I am such a homebody. On the days I can work from home my spirit SOARS.

    What a vacation that was with so many family members. I will have a look at your link to see what y'all got up to.

    So glad you are in a safe place. I am in Northern CA and our air quality has been adversely affected by LOTS of fires in our state. Since I have asthma, I've been staying and not doing my daily walks.

    Have a great week, Wendy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great news about your grandson! I've always lived in coastal states until TN, so it's nice not to be in their direct path any more, but I still have friends and loved ones who have to deal with them, so they're still nerve-wracking. It seems unusual to have two such big ones right after each other. Glad you had a great time with family and a nice evening out! I am glad to be home and out of the school schedule as well. My youngest is taking online college courses, but he pretty much handles that all himself.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The best news by far was the good report on Nathan!
    I too am thankful that I no longer have that back to school schedule; neither does the Professor now!
    I admit to being quite tired of the fires in Southern California--they're a constant threat. We had two small ones in the county this weekend :( I like your perspective on your climate (I used to live in the Pacific Northwest which has similar weather to you).

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh what a cutie your little Nathan is! So glad for the good report! How nice that you were able to have that holiday time with family. That is always precious. So heart broken over all the storms and fires and all the people who have been affected. Fire roared through my precious happy place on Monday (Waterton Lake National ParkK) and surrounding area. Praying for all of them. How nice that you don't have to be running off to work and can enjoy your retirement. Have an extra relaxed coffee for me! :)

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments and will do my best to acknowledge them, either by replying here or dropping in on your blog.

Thanks for stopping by.