Wednesday 3 July 2019

19 in 19 - June update

July is here and it seems that summer has finally arrived.  Time to reflect on June.


1. Be more organised, plan ahead and waste less time
Overall I think June was a good month. I'm settling in to Grandsitting 3 days a week which is tiring and definitely needs organisation. It was also my birthday month with a weekend away plus we had a short trip away with Nathan & his Mummies so planning ahead was a must!
2. Work on the garden
Well I haven't been doing masses of work but I have been liaising with my gardener and it's looking very nice. I'm also waiting for a wooden bench courtesy of Nick's family for my birthday so hopefully this sunny weather will continue and I'll be able to sit out and enjoy it.
3. Plan a lunch date/date night with Nick once a month (theatre/cinema/meal/outing)
A meal out for my birthday counts right?

4. Eat at 6 new-to-me restaurants
We had a nice meal at Rick Stein's restaurant while we were away with Nathan & his Mummies this month. We also ate at a nice Italian restaurant too. I'm counting one of those towards my goal which means I'm halfway there.

5. Complete the A – Z blogging challenge
Success!

6. Family weekend away for my birthday - in June
It was lovely! Will blog about it separately.

7. Look after my health – eat well, sleep well, play well
Well I've had plenty of exercise - 3 days of Grandsitting a week at the moment takes care of that. Haven't actually slept as well though but I read a lot!

8. Visit my brother
At some point!

9. Visit the beach
Well we didn't get to France as planned but we made it to Poole for a short break and then my birthday weekend was spent in Wells next the Sea so 2 visits to the beach this month!

10. Complete my reading challenge (52 books for the year)
Still ahead of schedule, in June I read:


Now you see her - Heidi Perks
The Promise - Katerina Diamond
The Brighton Mermaid - Dorothy Koomson
Little Liar - Lisa Ballantyne
The Songs of Us - Emma Cooper
The Angel - Katerina Diamond
An Act of Silence - Colette McBeth
The Lido - Libby Page

As always, details and reviews can be found on my Goodreads site.

11. Keep a journal
This is still not working.

12. Blog at least once per week (plus regular memes)
Well June was definitely a better month than May in terms of the number of posts but still room for improvement.

13. Organise/Take more photos
Well I took a few more photos this month - especially of my birthday meal, but have had no time to work on organising.

14. Update my clothes/accessories/make up etc regularly
Well I did give myself a pedicure and paint my nails for my birthday. That counts right?

15. Do more crafting – move the sewing machine!
This was a fail for June.

16. Try out a new recipe or do a bake each week
Well I didn't manage every week but I did do 2 new recipes one week so that was better than May.

17. Visit/see Grandson Noah every month
Noah helped me celebrate my birthday!

18. Make progress on the house plan
Still on hold. Hopefully Nathan & his Mummies will make some progress on their move this month and we can reevaluate our situation.

19. Lose 19 pounds
Ha! at the rate I'm going I'll be putting on 19 pounds!


Another mixed month.  Some things ticked off like visiting the beach but other things making little or no progress.  However I'm getting better at not beating myself up over what could be seen as failings.  And those Grandchildren just get cuter and cuter!

3 comments:

  1. Oh that last 19... I need to get that much off before my surgery in August. I fell off the diet when my sister was here and haven't gotten back on it again. Why is it so hard to lose weight? I'm sorry for the American Medley this week and missed having you join in. I love how you can enjoy your grandbabies and agree that they are your priority! Don't beat yourself up on the other things!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't talk about garden ! I just had the gardeners here and it starts again to grow, mostly weeds ! Impossible to follow, it's like in a tropical country ! I am preparing my tour around the Eastern countries, Mr. G will be babysitted by his male nurse, my nurse neighbour, and his friend ! Everybody will keep an eye on him ! I never needed to go away so badly !

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments and will do my best to acknowledge them, either by replying here or dropping in on your blog.

Thanks for stopping by.