Friday 5 July 2019

Friday's Fave Five - 5/7/19

Well it's Friday again and time to count my blessings.  This meme is hosted by Susanne over at Living to Tell the Story. Pop over there to find out more and see who's taking part.

I missed last week but I had a good excuse - I was:

1)  Celebrating my birthday!  I wrote about it here (Part 1) and here (Part 2) 
      (A lovely meal out with hubby and a weekend away with all the kids and Grandkids)


2)  Being a flexible driver.  My daughter has badly sprained her ankle so I had to drive her car last weekend.  Fortunately it's an automatic so it's quite easy to drive.

3)  Good weather.  It's been very warm and sunny this week - it really feels like summer.  I hope it lasts for a while.

4)  Free travel.  Thanks to my big O birthday I now get free travel on London buses and trains.  This means I don't feel guilty at getting the bus for just one stop when at my daughter's.  Getting to her local shops involves going up a very steep hill.  Hard work when pushing Nathan in his buggy.  A lot easier to jump on the bus at the end of her road and ride up.  Of course coming down is much easier ;)

5)  Being retired.  I think I might be busy over the next few weeks - my daughter has actually torn the ligament in her ankle so it's going to take a while to heal and I'm sure she'll  appreciate some extra help which of course I'm happy to give.  I wouldn't be able to do that if I was still working.
Apparently she was given the choice of one of these or a plaster cast!

Have a good weekend all and belated Happy 4th July to my American friends.

 

5 comments:

  1. Oh I hope your daughter's foot heals soon!
    HOw fun to spend a weekend away for your birthday and have your whole family. and a beach trip!!
    Sounds like a good list of faves.
    Happy Weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope your daughter's ankle heals quickly! Those boots are probably more comfy than a cast, but still hot and unwieldy. I enjoyed reading your birthday posts!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I hope your daughter's ankle heals quickly (been there, done that!). I'm glad you are retired and available to help her and that you are near enough to be there.
    And Happy Birthday to you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a nice round birthday, far away from mine ! I would get into the 80, lol ! Your poor daughter, that's horrible and it lasts very long to heal ! I had it once and it took ages until I walked normally again !

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh ouch. Hope that ligament heals up fast! It is a huge blessing that you are retired and able to help her out. I'm sure she greatly appreciates that. Happy belated birthday! The outing with family on the beach looks like a wonderful way to celebrate!

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments and will do my best to acknowledge them, either by replying here or dropping in on your blog.

Thanks for stopping by.