Wednesday 24 July 2019

Wednesday Medley - 24/7/19

The Wednesday Medley is hosted by Terri over at Your Friend from Florida.
The questions usually start with the National Day and follow on from there. No rules and there is no obligation. Link up if you want to over at Terri's site and see who else is joining in the fun. 


The Medley this week is all about family.  Today is National Cousins Day and the 26th July is National Aunts & Uncles Day.  Here are Terri's questions and my responses:

 
1.  What can you tell us about your cousins, please, or someone who is close like a cousin?  
I have quite a few cousins but the one I'm closest to is Jill who is the same age as me (despite her trying to convince her grandchildren otherwise lol) and was the closest thing I've had to a sister.  We often spent time together during school holidays and are always in touch if only by telephone these days.

2.  Do you still see your cousins and will you contact them on National Cousins Day?  
I still see Jill and this year I will be holidaying with her, her sister Julie and our other cousin Pat.  I'm really looking forward to that.  Sadly we don't see each other as much as I'd like but distance plus our own family commitments make it tricky.  I probably won't contact any of them today as I was unaware that it was Cousins Day today!

This is the 3 of them on holiday last year.
L-R Jill, Pat & Julie

3.  Terri had a favorite aunt and uncle she will tell us about.  How about you? 
I think it's always a bit tricky picking out favourites in family.  Sadly I only have 1 Aunt left now.  I was closer to my Mum's family because we saw more of them, particularly when we were young and I have fond memories of family holidays with some of them.

4.  Did/does your family have reunions and can you tell us about them?  
Hubby is the eldest of 8 children so just getting all the siblings and partners together feels like organising a reunion at times and we often include all the youngsters as well.  We'll all be together in August for our annual week away in Kent.   With all the siblings, partners, their children & partners and now Grandkids the current family members total 63.

5.  If you have children, are they enjoying relationships with their cousins, aunts, uncles?  
Our kids have good relationships with their aunts and uncles - we've always got together regularly and now the cousins organise their own get togethers too.

6.  Tell us something random about your week so far.  
It is so hot here this week.  Yesterday Nick and I were looking after Nathan as usual and in an effort to keep cool we were playing with water on their patio.  I encouraged them to pour water over my bare feet.  Nathan thought it was very funny.
 
Our daughter sent us the cutest recording of her chatting with Nathan about it at bedtime.  He's using more and more words all the time now and stringing them together.  He was full of "Granga (Grandpa) feet wet" lol 
 
 
 


3 comments:

  1. Loved your photo! Thanks for sharing.
    Lori in Blue Ridge, GA

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wendy, thanks for joining in today! It has been fun learning about the Meddlers families and yours sounds like so much fun! I wish we all could still get together like we used to. Perhaps we just don't make a big enough effort. Sigh. I love that Nathan is talking and had fun pouring water on your feet! I don't know how you manage to get 63 people together but I applaud you all for doing it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aren't grandkids a delight! Getting 63 people to organize their schedules around a get together is incredible. Well done!! And oh how I would love a week in Kent! We've never driven that part of England, and it seems a bit tricky. But I'd love to visit Chartwell and also see the oast houses in that area.

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments and will do my best to acknowledge them, either by replying here or dropping in on your blog.

Thanks for stopping by.