Wednesday 31 July 2019

Waffle on Wednesday

I usually try and join in with the Wednesday Medley hosted by Terri but today's topic didn't really grab me so you'll have to settle for some waffle.

I've had a fairly productive day - got all the washing done and most of it dried.  I also spent time with the gardner this morning.  One of my birthday presents (from hubby's family) included this bench:



I've also got vouchers to spend so yesterday hubby and I went shopping.  We picked up the little tables - have to have somewhere for my cup of tea and book!


 These two birds caught my eye so they found their way home with us.

I also got some more plants
 



We're gradually filling in all the gaps in the flower beds and the bees are loving my lavender.

I wanted to get some cushions for the bench but Hubby and I couldn't agree on a colour scheme.  It's great that he takes an interest in shopping for things for the home or garden but sometimes it gets a bit tricky.  I can't complain too much though because he also likes doing grocery shopping.

Now we just need some good weather again to be able to enjoy the bench.  It's been quite wet on and off but the garden needed the water and at least we haven't suffered like some areas where there has been a lot of flash flooding.

Tomorrow's looking dry at least so maybe I'll get some time outside.  I have new library books to read and no grandkids to worry about.  The to do list can wait!

8 comments:

  1. I like what you have done, smiles...hot and humid here in Western NY, sure could use some rain. Happy belated Birthday.

    I have a stack of new library books too, smiles.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the bench and how your yard is coming together! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha, I love the To Do List Can Wait. :-)
    I enjoyed seeing your garden area. I love the birds you found.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Carla, the list might be waiting for a while lol

      Delete
  4. It has been pleasant enough to sit in the garden. Hope you find some cushions soon to complete your garden ensemble.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Marie. I probably just need to go and buy them on my own!

      Delete

I love receiving comments and will do my best to acknowledge them, either by replying here or dropping in on your blog.

Thanks for stopping by.