Friday 11 September 2020

Friday’s Fave Five - 11/9/20


Well I'm trying something new tonight because I really want to post Friday's  fave 5 post but I'm really tired and my back is not very comfortable  so I am dictating this as an email to Blogger which I can do lying down then it will become a blog post and I hope I won't have to do too much editing.   I'm really happy though so here are my five for this week:


 1.  We sold our house.   Finally after quite a stressful weekend and the threat of the whole chain collapsing we managed to keep it all together and we exchanged contracts yesterday and we will move on the 22nd of September.

2.   Books on my kindle I haven't slept very well this week for various reasons so it's been good to have books to read when I can't get back to sleep.

3.   A good estate agent and solicitor.  They have both worked really hard this week to keep things on track.

4.   A good two days with Rory this week he was really good for me and even went down for a nap while still awake.  Usually I hold him and sing to him until he falls asleep and then put him down but with my back being sore I knew I wouldn't be able to do that so I laid him down on my spare double bed and then laid next to him and sang to him.  I thought he might play about but he just adopted his usual pose and  went to sleep.
 
5.   A good start on packing the house it's a bit daunting as we have such a lot of stuff and then a lots of other things to do such as arranging for utilities to be finalised and then started at the new house, insurance to be arranged and so on and so on but I'm sure we'll get it done. We have to lol.

Have a good weekend all.

If you want to join in here's the link


12 comments:

  1. You finally have a date!! Hooray! Wendy, I am so glad everything went through and you can now get going on all those little things that have to be done. Keep us posted!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on the sale of your house. That is stressful so it’s no wonder you haven’t been sleeping.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. Yes I've been constantly rearranging furniture in my head and conversations!

      Delete
  3. What a relief to exchange contracts. Finally you can get excited about your move. Sorry to hear about your back. It sounds very debilitating.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes definitely more excited now. The back is not too painful unless I try and bend too far or lift too much. Hard to know where to start with the GP these days and we will now have to get a new one anyway!

      Delete
  4. Congrats n the new house and the selling!!

    So sorry to hear your back is still bothering you. 🙏🏼

    Yay for toddlers,who go down for naps!! Both my girls out grew them around 22 months old so i established a quietmtime instead and used to love listening to them "read" their books or work on their puzzles. Such a fun age.

    Good luck with all the new home details!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Faith. Yes Rory's Mum is still hanging on to his nap for now but she has limited it to 90 minutes. Sometimes, particularly on nursery days he would sleep for 2 hours!

      Delete
  5. How exciting that you finally have a moving date! I am thankful for good books also. I hope your back is feeling better soon. Let others do the hard stuff in your move!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Susanne - yes I'll be the move director lol

      Delete
  6. Congratulations on the move!! How exciting that you have a date to plan for. Take care of yourself and let others do the heavy lifting:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hurray! Finally! I'm so happy for you. I know the pain of long waits. We are looking for a home still in our new location.
    I do hope your back improves. Rest lots!

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments and will do my best to acknowledge them, either by replying here or dropping in on your blog.

Thanks for stopping by.