Friday 4 September 2020

Friday's Fave Five - 4/9/20


So it's Friday again and time to join in with Susanne at Living to Tell the Story and look back on the week and find its blessings.

Click on the link above to find out more, read posts from other participants or to join in! 

Well this week has been pretty uneventful so I might have to go back to basics but here goes:

1)  No progress on our house sale and move but that does make me aware that we do have a roof over our heads and a comfortable home and if we do end up staying here it could be a lot worse.

2)  The back pain I was experiencing last week has eased.  Not gone completely but much less restricting.  This serves as a reminder that generally hubby and I are both in good health and, so far, have not really been affected by this pandemic.

3)  All my pregnant DILs are well and babies are coming along nicely.

4)  We spent time with Rory and Nathan again this week and that's always a blessing - even when they throw a tantrum or two lol.



Rory does love his puzzles and vehicles.  Must remember to take photos of Nathan next time we're there.

5)  The sun is shining!  (It's probably going to cloud over later but at the time of writing I'm looking out at blue sky.)

Definitely back to basics here.  I need to write more about our move but I'll put that on a separate post.  This forum is not for rants!

Have a good weekend all.

8 comments:

  1. I love your positive outlook here. Some weeks are more ordinary--but that reminds us of how great our everyday ordinary blessings are.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, by the way, I meant to mention--your link at Susanne's goes to your post from last week.

      Delete
  2. There's a lot to be said for finding joy in ordinary days. So much to be thankful for, great post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Wendy,
    I am so happy to hear the DIL are doing well and the babies too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is good you are counting your blessings and not getting too anxious about the houses and pending moves. Do keep us posted, though! Rory is getting so big!! Being able to spend time with your littles is such a blessing! Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great list of blessings!!! Your grandchildren are getting so big!!

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey, back to basics weeks are good, too. I'd love a basic week of waking up in my own bed in my own home.
    I agree with you that being 'in limbo' makes us appreciate what we have. I hope your home sale moves along now.
    Good news on the health of your DILs! Have a great week ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm sorry there has been no progress on the house sale but I do love your positive take. Glad to hear that Mommies are both doing well with their pregnancies. I hope your back continues to get better. I can't believe how big Nathan and Rory are getting.

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments and will do my best to acknowledge them, either by replying here or dropping in on your blog.

Thanks for stopping by.