It's the last Friday of the year so time to look back and list some blessings from the last week or so. This weekly event is hosted by Susanne over at Living to Tell The Story. Pop over there to see who else has taken part.
1) Firstly I'm grateful that we've made it to the end of the year with neither Hubby or me getting Covid. We're also double jabbed and boosted so hopefully if we did get it we'd be ok. It's still looming over us and life is not back to normal but staying Covid free is definitely a blessing.
2) We got to celebrate Christmas with all our kids and Grandkids! There was some concern that extra restrictions were going to be put in place the week before but thankfully it didn't happen. I think even if they had restricted gatherings we would just have gone ahead anyway. Our Government doesn't have a good track record for leading by example at the moment so I'm sure lots of people would have just ignored them too.
3) We had plenty of food. There have been some difficulties with supply chains over the last few months and rumours of shortages but I managed to get everything we needed.
4) It's been nice to have a quiet few days once everyone went home. The run up to Christmas was busy but the last couple of days I've been able to relax in some peace and quiet either catching up on TV or reading.
5) I'm grateful that we didn't choose to downsize when we moved last year. We were able to cope with having everyone here, not just for Christmas day but also staying over so that no one had to drive home Christmas evening and we all had Boxing Day together too. Hubby and I did end up on an airbed downstairs which isn't something I'd want to do regularly but I think most of us got a fair amount of sleep!
I'm going to do a separate post about Christmas with some photos but for now Happy New Year to you all!