Friday, 9 September 2016
Friday's Fave Five - 9/9/16
It's Friday so it's time to join in with Suzanne's Friday's Fave Five.
It's a place to come on Fridays and think back over your week and just post about 5 favourite things from your week. It can be anything that tickled your fancy over the week. Favourite quotes, posts, happenings, scriptures, recipes, pictures, great internet finds, etc., etc.
If you want to take part or visit other Fave Five posts, click on the picture above to go to host Suzanne's site and check out the linky list.
Here are mine:
1. Back to normality. It's been a lovely summer with lots going on but I do miss the normality of routines etc. This week everyone was back to work on their usual days, schools are back and I was able to start focussing on things that need doing at home. I even managed to do a couple of things that hadn't even made it to the "to do" list like fix the bathroom door latch and donate some left over cat food to a nearby shelter.
2. Church community. The parish we live in has a big old church that's lovely, but with so many people attending it you can feel a bit anonymous at times. That's why I'm thankful that a Mass is also held at our local community centre. It doesn't have the same atmosphere of the church but as the community is much smaller we are quite close knit. We always have tea and coffee afterwards and last weekend we celebrated one of the parishioners BIG birthdays. (She was very coy about exactly how big, I suspect 80 although she doesn't look that old and I was too polite to ask.) We had Irish coffees and someone had made her a beautiful cake that we all shared. It's good to be part of the community.
3. Enthusiasm. I must admit I'm a bit of an up and down person. Often more down than up. But this week, after our relaxing and recharging break away with the family I've had more enthusiasm for getting things done. It probably won't last but I'm making the most of it for now. I've even got back to my crochet which is good as I'm trying to make a Christmas bunting banner for each of my children.
4. Walking. I have got out and walked every day so far this week. Sometimes it's been out of necessity for shopping for example or to collect or return books to the library (I'm loving the library!) but sometimes, like on Tuesday it's been for the pleasure of the walk. Hubby and I went to Greenwich by train and then we did a walk that took us to the top of a hill with a lovely view over London.
(Not the best photo as Tuesday was quite cloudy and apologies for those who've seen it on my previous post. I need to get out and use my camera more!)
5. Blogging. I've managed to find time for blogging again this week. I love the interaction with other bloggers.
Have a good weekend.