AWOL again last week so trying to get this done early today. Fridays are a time to look back on the week and share our blessings.
If you want to join in or check out the other participants pop over to our host Suzanne's blog at Living to Tell the Story
Here are mine for the week:
1) Lovely in-laws! I've always been made to feel part of Hubby's family and I've spend quite a bit of time with my various sister-in-laws and extended families this week.
2) Good weather. Of course it's summer so hopefully the weather should be good but last Saturday was the annual Garden Party at our social club. Over 200 people attended and yes we were able to sit in the garden. The weather wasn't as good as it had been earlier this month but it that was actually a good thing as there is little shade in the garden. If it had rained it would have been a disaster as it would have been hard to accommodate everyone inside and prepare and serve a 3 course meal. It was a busy day as some of our family members are the main planners and organisers of the event so lots of us get roped in to help on the day. Thankfully they had paid help to do the washing up!
3) Catching up with old friends. One of our friends has just become Mayor of her town and last Sunday we attended a church service and reception in her honour. We hadn't seen her or her husband for a while so it was good to catch up, especially for a quiet chat back at their house after the celebrations were over.
4) Time with Nathan. I managed to see him last Friday and on Tuesday this week. He is becoming more alert and is now heavy enough to sit in his little bouncy chair. (Although I'm not sure he's quite big enough lol)
5) Making time for the things I enjoy - I've done more reading this week than in recent weeks and I'm making progress on the edging for Nathan's blanket. I've also spent time in the garden - I'm trying to cultivate herbs, and the bees love my lavender. I'm also hoping to get some home grown tomatoes.
Have a good weekend all.