Well we're nearly into July and I realised I haven't done a May update yet! That's what happens when you've spent so much time in lockdown due to the Covid-19 pandemic and everyday feels like groundhog day! But yes life does go on so here goes:
1. Fill out weekly/daily planner
I'm still doing this and it does help to keep organised and focussed.
2. Garden projects: Get window boxes for front garden plus big planters. Stepping stones for rear garden.
Well we're keeping the grass cut and doing bits and pieces but now we hope we'll be moving there will be no more projects here. As for the garden at the house we're hoping to buy - there will be a lot of projects!
3. Plan a lunch date/date night with Nick once a month (theatre/cinema/meal/outing)
I think I need to think outside the box for this one!
4. Eat at 6 new-to-me restaurants
With restaurants closed this might not get completed any time soon. There are plans to try and reopen them to some degree in July but we won't be rushing anywhere until things settle down a bit more.
5. Complete the A – Z blogging challenge
6. Plan Family weekend for my birthday
Given up on making any plans right now although my daughter might come for a picnic this week.
7. Take up an exercise class
Well I might if I could! Yes I know you're probably all shouting "what about all the online ones?" but I really can't find the motivation right now.(Yep no change from my March update.)
8. Plan a road trip/holiday with hubby.
Hopefully one day!
9. Visit the beach
At some point!
10. Complete my reading challenge (52 books for the year)
I managed to read 9 books in May so I'm still on track for this and quite a few of those were from my TBR pile. I did also get a few for my Kindle app. Full details can be found on my Goodreads page here.
11. Keep a gratitude diary
12. Blog at least once per week (plus regular memes)
I managed 28 posts May although a lot of those were either regular memes or book reviews. There were a few original posts so not bad overall. ✅
13. Take a photo each week and blog about it.
Going to plan although the commentary is sometimes short and sweet.✅
14. Read 12 books on my TBR pile.
I read 6 books from my TBR pile during May bringing my running total to 11. Only 1 to go! ✅
15. Finish knitting WIP (blanket of squares)
Still not finished the WIP but 2 blankets finished for the Grandkids on the way - 1 more to go.
16. Try out a new recipe or do a bake each month
Well I'm going to stretch this one a bit. We are still having HelloFresh deliveries and also Simply Cook from time to time and many of those are new recipes to us.
17. Visit/see Noah every month
We haven't seen him since 29th February so this target definitely won't be met this year. ❌
18. Get damp treatment done in house
At this point in time our house still has a buyer and they are aware that damp treatment is needed. We reduced our price to reflect that.
19. Maintain weight
Fluctauated during the month but no overall gain.
20. Be kind to myself. Whilst I think it's good to set myself challenges sometimes life gets in the way or I just have days where I really can't be bothered. I need to accept this and not be hard on myself when things don't go to plan.
Ha "sometimes life gets in the way" little did I know!
Well 50% ✅ in May. It was still a difficult month thanks to Covid-19. At the time of writing things have been eased a bit but we are still being very cautious, particularly with pregnant DILs to consider. We have seen 2 of the Grandkids though and it looks as though we will be moving at some point so lots to get my head around with that but definitely feeling more positive.