Friday's Fave Five is hosted by Susanne over at Living to Tell the Story.
The idea is to step back and think about the good things from the previous week and list your favourite five. Then pop over to Susanne's blog and join up with the other people taking part.
Well I'm a day late AGAIN! But things are getting hectic around here:
1) We found a house! We saw the house on Saturday and we both really liked it.
2) Our offer on the house, which we made on Monday, was accepted the same day! The vendors have already exchanged contracts on a house so our chain is now complete. And we all breathed a sigh of relief. Of course we still have to get surveys done and searches etc but hopefully there will be no major glitches with any of that and the solicitors can just get on and do their thing.
3) We visited Grandson Rory and his parents and took a walk in the park. He was so excited to see us. It was lovely to have time with him (and some cuddles).
4) Things are gradually easing here - non essential shops were able to open this week as long as they can maintain safety and social distancing etc. Our numbers are still coming down but I do worry that the events of the last couple of weeks will cause a spike in cases. Time will tell. I personally won't be rushing to go shopping. I want to continue seeing the Grandkids and families without risking their health, or ours. I just wish we could visit Noah some time soon.
5) Quite a few phone calls this week catching up with people, especially a long chat with my cousin, who's more like a sister to me.
Knowing that, all being well, we will be moving house at some point has made me feel a lot better this week. I feel like I have a purpose again - getting ready to move! There is a lot of decluttering still to be done and of course lots of arrangements to be made nearer the time. We also have to get our kids to sort out what they left behind - we have a lot of their boxes in the loft. We made a start on that today by bringing some of the boxes down. It's going to take a while - long story short hubby is having to decant the contents into bags to hand down to me which I then put back into the empty boxes he then passes down. (Yes it would be easier if the kids could come and help but.....Covid-19!)
Enjoy the rest of the weekend all.