Wednesday's Hodgepodge is brought to us courtesy of Joyce at
From this side of the pond
If you want to take part or just see what others have posted pop over to Joyce's page - the Linky List is at the end of Joyce's post and don’t forget to visit at least your neighbours on the list.
1. Saturday marks the first official day of summer! Whoohoo! Your favorite thing about the season?
2. Love it!, labor of love, not for love or money, no love lost, love handles, love does, love-hate relationship, misery loves company, tough love, love will find a way...pick one and tell us how it applies to your life right now.
Love it! We've found a house to buy. Just got to keep our fingers crossed now that all goes smoothly with the purchase and the sale of our house.
3. What's one thing currently causing you to seethe? One thing currently making you smile?
The thing making me seethe is anyone not being sensible about social distancing and following the government guidance. I know we're all fed up with this situation but the thought of a second peak and going back to stricter lockdown rules for the sake of staying sensible makes me really cross.
Seeing my Grandbabies (I've seen 2 of them in person this last week) always makes me smile!
And with Noah we're having to make do with photos and videos:
4. Of the following to-dos found on a summer checklist (here) which three would definitely make your personal list of summer want-to-dos?
Noah is not too impressed with home working though. (Actually none of them are! lol)
roast marshmallows over a fire, go berry or peach picking, dangle your feet off the end of a dock, sit on a porch swing, watch the sunset from a beach, nap in a hammock, go barefoot in the grass, collect seashells, play tennis, go fishing, build a sandcastle, catch fireflies, eat a soft serve ice cream cone, make a pitcher of Sangria, swim in a lake, stargaze, ride a bike, paddle a canoe or kayak, make a summer road trip, throw a frisbee
My 3 are: watch the sunset from a beach, nap in a hammock and stargaze
Do you make an actual list? Nope!
5. Thursday is National Splurge Day. What might you splurge on in order to celebrate?
Not splurging on anything at the moment but if we succeed in our move to a new house there will be lots of splurging.
6. Insert your own random thought here.
Having found a house I'm feeling much more positive this week. At last I know which direction we're going in so I can get to work on my moving "to do" list which as you can imagine is quite long!