Saturday 29 August 2020

#SoCS - 29/8/20 - More than a hundred....


Your Friday prompt for Stream of Consciousness Saturday is “more than a hundred.” Write your post inspired by something you have more than a hundred of in your home right now. Enjoy!

#SoCS is hosted by Linda - here

Pop over to her blog to see how to take part and who else is joining in.
 
Well it's been a while since I did one of these posts but I was up fairly early this morning and decided I would give it a go.  Especially as there are probably more than a hundred thoughts whirling around my head connected to our upcoming move.
 
Did I mention I'm moving house?  Probably done that more than a hundred times too as the process has been dragging on since early this year.  Does house buying usually take this long? No!  Well sometimes it can if the chain breaks down or you discover a major problem with the house you're buying and have to start over.
 
That hasn't happened to us (yet) and we're almost over the final hurdle but that hurdle keeps moving.  The left hand isn't communicating with the right.  Our solicitor tells us one thing, which I believe because she forwarded the e-mail from the other solicitor, but then the buyer says something else!
 
At some point I need to start packing up my house, especially as I definitely have more than a hundred books on my shelves.  Maybe I'll count them as I'm packing, or maybe not.  That might make me start trying to remember what I can about the book.  Probably not a lot! But it will make the packing process take longer.
 
One thing good to come out of the delay in the move is that we'll still be here next weekend and will be able to take part in the annual jumble trail. (Bit like a yard sale.)  We haven't got lots of stuff to get rid of now as we've been doing a lot of clearing out for a while, but I'm sure we can still find some things that don't really need to go to the new house.
 
Hopefully we'll get rid of some of them but if not we have a friend who does car boot sales and will probably take any items we don't want.  He took a load of stuff recently.
 
I was trying to think what else I might have over 100 of.  Definitely not shoes as I find it hard to buy comfortable shoes.  I probably have somewhere close to 100 items of clothing.  Hubby probably has more than 100 records.  Yes vinyl records.  He's very attached to them and getting his hi-fi and speakers set up in the best place in the new house will be his priority when we move it.  Can't wait lol. He's also got more than 100 CDs.
 
Lots of other things have been scaled down.  I've usually got a lot of canned/dried goods plus cleaning materials stocked up in our cellar but I've been whittling them down too.  The freezer is looking pretty empty as well.
 
As for the thoughts flying around my head, well of course lots of those get jotted down and become to do lists.  Thankfully I haven't got over a hundred of those although there might well be over a hundred things to do on the master list.  Have you any idea how many people you need to inform when you move house?  Neither had I until I started making a list.  Oh yes, there are more than a hundred! 
 
Hot Chocolate Clipart - Cartoon To Do List - 750x674 PNG Download - PNGkit 

6 comments:

  1. This was fun to read. The first things that come to mind for me would be books, postage stamps (I collect them) and pens/pencils. And journals. There's a them here, all paper related. Fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. There are definitely more than a hundred things to remember when buying and/or selling houses) It's good to keep lists....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yep... did all that three years ago. I don't envy you but I do know how happy we are in our new home and we are so glad it was a good move for us. It will be for you, too!! Keep us posted!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Still, exciting to be moving. I can't remember, have you sold your house? We have old vinyl records too and don't even have a player for them but hubby won't think of getting rid of them either.
    Janet’s Smiles

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope all goes well for your move. I have moved on average every two to three years since 1987 so I know a thing or two about that. Happy Sunday despite everything πŸ™‹‍♀️🐝

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Wendy,
    Good luck, it is so hard to downsize. My friend Bonita is doing the same thing right now. It can get very emotional for her.
    Keep us posted and I am looking forward to seeing the new house.
    Carla

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments and will do my best to acknowledge them, either by replying here or dropping in on your blog.

Thanks for stopping by.