Sunday 10 October 2021

World Mental Health Day - 10th October 2021

 

It's been weeks since I posted here, mainly because I haven't felt the motivation.  I've felt rather flat recently.  Nothing actually wrong physically but mentally definitely not in the right place.  I'm finding it quite hard to get back into normality.  I'm naturally quite introverted so although it was hard not being able to see family during the lockdowns being stuck at home wasn't that hard for me.  But then it's easy to disappear down a rabbit hole.

Life is a little bit hectic at the moment, our house is definitely becoming like a creche several days a week and the past few weeks it's also felt like a launderette as both our son and daughter have had problems with their washing machine and dryer.  It's been quite full on and I have been quite tired as my sleeping hasn't been great.

Looking back on my Facebook posts this was something I posted 5 years ago today. 


 I need to revisit this but another image posted by a friend was this one which is definitely helpful.


 
 
Another friend posted about the things she does for her mental health and that made me realise I need to focus and be more proactive.

On the plus side hubby and I enjoyed our first trip into Central London this week.  We had a lovely afternoon tea here.  It was delicious and was actually a Christmas gift to us from our daughter and her wife for 2019!

I even remembered to take some pics!  We had sandwiches, followed by cheese scones and then pastries on the theme of English biscuits and finally sweet scones. And of course lots of tea!
 






 

12 comments:

  1. All of the food looks delicious. It's good to see you black in blogland!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so good to 'see' you, Wendy! I've been struggling with motivation about blogging, so I get it. Love the diagrams on taking care of yourself. I work for a mental health practice, and still need reminders. Life can feel so heavy, especially in these times. The tea looks absolutely wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome back! I have been thinking of you lots and decided I would email you if there was nothing on your blog.
    Oh the tea! Lots and lots of tea. Such wonderful memories!
    I love that second poster especially. I think we all, every person on earth, is struggling a bit with the issues of the past 19 months. I heartily endorse walks in parks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I really appreciated your earlier message.

      Delete
  4. Hello Wendy, I missed you.
    Sending hugs.
    The tea looks lovely.
    xx oo
    Carla

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wendy!! I have missed you!! So nice to see you back!! You and hubby look great, by the way! All of those sweets look delicious! What a lovely setting for a special tea with your sweetheart. Please fill us in on all the kiddos when you can! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Terri. Hopefully will post an update on the little ones soon.

      Delete
  6. Welcome back Wendy. These last 18 months have been so hard on mental health. Luckily, I had 2 of my boys at home most of the time and all three during the first lockdown which helped. Thank goodness we are getting back to normality though, its been a long haul. You take care:)

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments and will do my best to acknowledge them, either by replying here or dropping in on your blog.

Thanks for stopping by.