Monday 7 March 2022

A - Z Challenge 2022 - Theme Reveal


Oh gosh, this is getting real.  It's theme reveal day for the A-Z Challenge.  As usual I'm not very prepared even though this will be my 8th challenge attempt and being prepared makes it a lot easier.

I always like to have a theme of some sort but I was struggling a bit with one for this year.  Eventually I decided on:

Resurrecting Alice!


Back in 2019 I said I wasn't using a theme but I did have a plan - to do posts that felt more like writing.  There are so many people in the challenge who list themselves as authors/poets etc and while I wouldn't put myself in that bracket the challenge gave me an opportunity to do something a bit different from my usual posts.

This led to the creation of Alice - well not exactly my creation because she was loosely based on Lewis Carroll's Alice from Alice's Adventures in Wonderland and there were lots of references to the book in my posts, which took the form of conversations in my head between myself and Alice.

I'm not sure where Alice will lead me this year.  Hopefully not into too much trouble or down too many rabbit holes.

To find out all about the A-Z Challenge and how to take part go here.

13 comments:

  1. Looks like a great theme! I look forward to your posts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wendy, I always enjoy your A-Z posts!! I think we first connected a few years ago, during April. It will be here before we know it!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't believe it is that time of the year already.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looking forward to these.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh fun! Looking forward to reading them.

    Janet’s Smiles

    ReplyDelete
  6. When I visited Oxford for a week some years ago, of course I also followed Alice's traces, the college where she lived and her father was a Dean and opposite was the little shop (still there) where everything began ! Reminded mme my childhood !

    ReplyDelete
  7. How fun... I am looking forward to reading your posts. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. And as usual I'm also not ready : ) Although months ago I landed on a potential theme and saved the idea in my draft folder. Now I'm looking at it and wondering if it's still workable. Maybe. We shall see. Good luck with yours! I enjoy a theme that gives me a lot of wiggle room.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Conversations with Alice - Inspired by Lewis Carroll. Interesting fiction. Some time I have to write similar series on stock marketing investing.
    Theme revealed. A to Z - Activities, Competencies, Education and Training of Engineering Supervisors

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the idea of conversations with Alice. Can't wait to see what you come up with. I just read your other post about commenting, and if you come up with anything, I'd sure like to know. It's a dilemma for me, too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sounds like a fun theme. I'm looking forward to it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This definitely one of the more interesting theme reveals I've come across!
    Can't wait to read your posts!

    It's only my fourth time this year, but I'm excited!

    All the best!
    May we have fun :)

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments and will do my best to acknowledge them, either by replying here or dropping in on your blog.

Thanks for stopping by.