It's Friday! Phew this week seems to have flown by. That's why it's good to follow Susanne's lead (over at Living to Tell the Story) and pause for a bit and think about the good things from the last week. It's hard when there are such awful things going on in the world but that makes it even more important to find some positives in our lives.
Here are mine:
1. More walking! I've been down to the lake a couple of times this week and will be going again after I've done this post. I'm still not going very far but I've definitely increased the frequency.
2. Lovely spring weather. It has been sunny and warm the last few days. Bright sunshine is such a mood lifter.
3. Ladies Lunch! Long time readers will know that a group of myself and 3 former work colleagues regularly meet for what we refer to as a Ladies Lunch. Prior to the pandemic we used to do it about once a month and would take it in turns to be the host. Well of course the pandemic and lock downs put paid to that and although we did still manage to meet up - distanced walks first then eventually in coffee shops we hadn't done one in our homes in what seemed forever! Well when we were sadly all together recently for the funeral of one "Lady's" husband we all agreed we needed to get back into the swing of lunches again. So yesterday I hosted them at my house. We didn't have anything fancy - the only cooking I did was to heat up a couple of things in the oven but it was so nice just to be able to sit and relax and catch up with one another. The weather was warm enough for us to eat outside.
4. Takeaway evening with our son and DIL. On Wednesday we had grandson Vinny for the day as usual but our son and DIL invited us to stay at their house when we dropped Vinny home and have a takeaway dinner with them. This was lovely as it meant we also got to see grandson Rory when he got back from nursery and then, when the boys had gone to bed, after Nanny had read their bedtime story, we were able to relax and actually chat with Michael and Liz. So often when we see each other it's with the children so it's hard to have a proper chat.
5. Online shopping AND delivery. It's been a busy week as we also had granddaughter Ella here on Tuesday while her Mummies were working but I needed to shop for a new car seat (these grandchildren will keep growing!) and a birthday present for Grandson Nathan. I really wasn't looking forward to trekking out to a big shopping centre but I was able to get what I needed online and for a small delivery fee (which is probably less the parking and petrol costs) they will be delivered this evening.
I can't believe Nathan will be 5 next week and that also signifies the end of March. What? No! I'd like to say I've also managed to get my A-Z challenge posts scheduled to post but so far all I've done is set up the posts for the right days etc but there is no content in them yet! I may regret deciding to do the challenge lol.
Have a good weekend all.