Friday 18 March 2022

Friday's Fave Five - 18/3/22


It's Friday again (where did the week go?) so time to join up with Susanne at Living to Tell the Story and think back on the week and find five things to be grateful for.

Here are mine:

1.  It's been a quiet week here but it's given me the chance to catch up on some housework.  Covid and then my bad back meant the house had been rather neglected.  This week I've been doing chores like cleaning and changing beds and even a bit of gardening.  

2.  Wednesday was a day of rain which included dust from the Sahara, yes the sky was a very strange colour and it was due to dust from the desert picked up by winds and then dumped here in the rain.  Our car was filthy afterwards.  What am I grateful for?  Hubby cleaned the car yesterday!  He also took the car to the dealer for a software update this week.  

3.  Since the dusty rain we have had 2 lovely sunny days and I've been out for a walk both days.  Thankfully my back hasn't objected.



I managed to get down to the lake for the first time in weeks and remembered to take a couple of photos.

4.  We had Vinny for the day on Wednesday and also Nathan after he'd finished school.  Vinny is an absolute delight to look after.  He's such a happy little boy.  He plays on his own.  He brings books to you to "read".  He eats well and when I put him down for his nap he cried for about 20 seconds and then put himself to sleep for over an hour.  Nathan was good with him too.  I'm so grateful for having so much time with the grandkids while they're young.  Next weekend Noah and Miles arrive for almost a week.  Really looking forward to that.  Of course they are all lovely.  Nanny doesn't do favourites lol!

5.  Now I'm more confident in pain free walking I also got to the library this week.  I'd had to resort to buying a few books for my kindle over the last few weeks when I couldn't get out.  

Nothing startling there but of course with all that's going on in the world right now I'm also grateful to have a roof over my head, food on the table and no real worries.

Have a good weekend all.


9 comments:

  1. So glad you had an overall good week. Sometimes it is so nice to have some time to catch-up on chores. Great pictures of your springtime walks. That was nice of hubby to get your car washed and serviced. Amen to your last statement about having a roof over your head and food on the table. I completely agree. Prayers for those who are struggling to stay alive and have the basic necessities. The tragic war in Ukraine really puts so many things in perspective. See you again soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The sunshine this week was wonderful. Seeing blue skies helps me to see housework in a more positive light. Glad your back is recovering. Covid was fortunately a mild affair for me so am out walking again. I seem to follow in your footsteps as I am having problems with backache. I have just taken delivery on a new mattress as I realised I'd had my other one much longer than is ever recommended. Hoping I will sleep better tonight but before that a spring clean of the bedroom is on the cards for today. Thanks for your email this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sunshine, walks by a lake and in nature, hubby doing chores....all good blessings!!

    Glad you're feeling better and had time with your precious grands.

    HAPPY SPRING!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your week sounds really nice. Dust from the Sahara?? Wow, that is amazing! I'm glad your back is doing better. The grandkids are such fun when they're little. And as they get older, too, but the little ones just warm my heart.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad to hear your back is steadily improving and you are enjoying get out and about again. That's something about dust from the Sahara all the way over there. You've reminded me my car desperately needs washing but snow/rain is predicted for today so I'll hold off. So wonderful you are able to enjoy so much time with your grandkids!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree with your last statement. We have food, water and shelter in a safe environment. Those are true blessings.
    I'm glad your back is better and you are able to get out and walk.
    I'd heard about the Sahara dust--that's a long way for the wind to blow it.
    Treasure every moment with those little ones--someday they will be fifteen (you remember the eyerolls...)
    Have a good week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I appreciate your last sentence, Wendy, so true.
    Enjoy the time with your grandkids.
    xx oo
    Carla

    ReplyDelete
  8. We had this yellow sand here too ! My window doors had just been cleaned but I could get rid of the send in 5 min it just layed on the glass and was easy to clean ! I haven't seen Toby for a while because now he prefers to stay home and play with his friends and I understand and I don't want either that he goes too much in this home and sees his grandpa in this state. Better keep him in mind like he was ! Weather is sunny and days go buy I wait for warmer weather !

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments and will do my best to acknowledge them, either by replying here or dropping in on your blog.

Thanks for stopping by.