Friday 11 March 2022

Friday's Fave Five - 11/3/22


Susanne at Living to Tell the Story gives us a reminder each Friday to look back on the week and find the good things we're grateful for.  Some weeks it's easier than others but with all the horrible things going on in the world right now it's important to try and find the positives.

Here are mine for the past week.

1.  It really feels like Spring is here this week.  We have had some lovely sunshine and in the sun it has felt quite warm.  Sunny days really lift my mood.

2.  My back is a lot better.  It's still not 100% but I'm managing to carry on almost normally.  It's a slow process.

3.  We had a get together with some of my former colleagues this week.  Sadly it was at a funeral but it was still nice to catch up with people we hadn't seen for a while.

4.  We saw 4 of our 6 grandchildren last weekend.  We had Rory and Vinny and my DIL here on Saturday and then we went to Nathan & Ella's for Sunday lunch.  We also had Nathan here after school on Thursday.  What with having Covid and then back problems we'd hardly seen them over the last couple of weeks.  I tried to get a decent pic of Nick and Nathan and Ella and took quite a few.  This was the best.  Nathan decided to pull silly faces in all the rest lol.



5.  A zoom call with my cousins today.  We always end up having a laugh.

There, nothing very exciting just simple things that keep me happy.

Have a good weekend.


9 comments:

  1. A week that includes spending time with grandchildren and zooming with cousins sounds pretty much perfect to me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Family, spending times with friends and having a good laugh - all wonderful things that made your week good. I hope you have a good weekend. See you again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think everyone who posted their fave fives mentioned focusing on small things because the 'big things' in the world are horrible right now. That's why I love yours this week. Grandchildren (although Nathan isn't so small anymore!), friends, family and sunshine.
    Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How wonderful that you had so much family time. Sunshine made my list this week too. I think we all are ready to get out of the greys of winter and enjoy some warmth and light. Glad your back is better. Back pain is awful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow your grandchildren have grown ! That's such a nice picture of Grandpa with the two ! Nathan has changed a lot since he was a baby ! Toby has his broken thumb still in a bandage, fortunately he can type all things on his computer at school if it would be handwriting he couldn't write at all ! Being 11 and writing on a computer at school impossible to imagine when I was the same age !!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Grandchildren and spring made my list, too. It's the simple pleasures that make us content. I'm glad your back is getting better!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice list. The little things add up to big things.

    Janet’s Smiles

    ReplyDelete
  8. The warmth from the sun this week would have been top of my list as well as all the spring flowers bringing colour to the garden once again. The week ended on a downer when I tested positive for Covid. Just when everything seemed to be getting back to normal. Ah well, a little rest this week won't do me any harm. Glad your back is feeling better. I expect picking up the grandkids doesn't help much with the recovery.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Family Times ... my favorite.
    I am very pleased to read your back is healing.
    Carla

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments and will do my best to acknowledge them, either by replying here or dropping in on your blog.

Thanks for stopping by.