Friday 14 October 2022

Friday's Fave Five - 14/10/22


It's Friday already and time to look back on the week for our favourite things/blessings and then share them over at Susanne's site: Living to Tell the Story.

Here are mine:

1)  Hubby and I both had our flu jabs this week and we have our next Covid jabs booked.

2)  Last Sunday we had both our daughter and our youngest son plus their families here for Sunday lunch.  Well it was a late afternoon meal but everyone seemed to enjoy themselves and the Grandkids do enjoy getting together.  Snakes and ladders did get a little competitive though and I had to keep a close watch on Vinny so that he didn't wreck the game by grabbing the counters!


3)  More outstanding jobs in the house done - 

✅ disposal of an old freezer 

✅ giving away a bedside cabinet no longer needed

✅ chasing up the decorator for the next rooms to be done

✅ arranging for an upgrade to our alarm system

4)  I also managed to do some forward planning for Christmas.  We will have our youngest son and our daughter plus their families here for Christmas so it will be hectic but I've ordered our turkey and a few other bits and I've also ordered Christmas cards from a charity I like to support.  I know that more and and more people are moving to giving to charity rather than send cards but I still like to send an actual card.

5)  It's been a busy week with Grandsitting this week.  I had Ella on Tuesday and then took Nathan to his tennis class.

Ella was a bit upset when her Mummy left but she quickly got distracted by the TV

And before long she had fallen asleep.



Made my job a lot easier!

I had Vinny on Wednesday as usual but also today as his nursery was closed.


Keeping Vinny happy is easy.  Just keep him fed!

Have a good weekend all.

7 comments:

  1. It's so great that you get to spend so much time with your grandchildren. Sounds like you had a very good and productive week. I hope you have a good weekend. See you again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. looks like a great week full of family love. Enjoy the weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You do spend a lot of days baby sitting the grands. I know you love (almost) every minute of it.
    Christmas planning! Thanks for the reminder. I need to get going on it.
    Have a good and relaxing weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How fun to spend time with the different grandkids. Good work on the jobs around the house. You remind me that I need to get my Christmas cards. There's a store here that carries nice inexpensive ones. I love sending and receiving them, though we receive fewer each year.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your grandkids keep you busy in a variety of ways. It's fun to hear about their little personalities and interests. I bought my Christmas cards last week, and some ornaments for the grandkids, which has become a tradition. It feels good to have a few things started and I need to make a shopping list. I like sending cards and receiving them, too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, I'm impressed you already have Christmas somewhat organized. I do have one or two small items purchased but have miles to go. I like a real card too and enjoy both the sending and the receiving. We were with our newest grandson this past weekend and will be going to see the two older boys soon as baby sister's due date is coming up fast. I am still dealing with my broken elbow and while its much better I'm not 100% yet. Trying to rest it between grandchildren duties lol.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a treasure to get to spend time with your grandchildren a lot. Pre planning Christmas sounds like a good idea.

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments and will do my best to acknowledge them, either by replying here or dropping in on your blog.

Thanks for stopping by.