Tuesday 4 October 2022

Xenodochy in blogging - 3/10/22



Click here for more info on this challenge.

"Xenodochy in blogging" is the team's prompt for today.  Someone clearly went through the dictionary to find a good X word and no doubt most of us taking part will have had to resort to the dictionary to learn the meaning:

Reception of strangers/hospitality 

So applying that to blogging I like to think I'm receptive to strangers and hospitable.  I usually try and visit back anyone who comments on my blog.  Of course that's not always possible and the Blogger platform doesn't make it easy to get a thread going on comments.

However sometimes comments are just spam or trying to get you to visit sites that are really set up for commercial purposes.  Those will get deleted.

It can also be a bit tricky sometimes when the blog you visit holds no interest for you but I would still try and politely leave a comment to show I'd visited where possible.

I like to think I'm a hospitable person - my mantra for real visitors is "take me as you find me but I'll always put the kettle on or open a bottle of wine" even when I have my grumpy face on!




3 comments:

  1. I'm glad to know I'm not the only blogger who deletes garbage remarks. I also try to visit new folks who leave a message and find it unsettling when clicking on their names just leads to nothing. Oh well, I love my followers who show up and I enjoy your posts, Wendy, always!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha! I love your mantra. I try to respond to comments by emailing commenters, but if it's a no-reply then I go to their blog. I would like to answer within my comments, but then I wonder if people actually come back and look? Hmm, I guess I still haven't figured out what to do.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that illustrations. It really made me laugh as I try todragmyself out of bed this morning.

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments and will do my best to acknowledge them, either by replying here or dropping in on your blog.

Thanks for stopping by.