Thursday 6 October 2022

Variety - Z-A Challenge - 6/10/22


Click here for more info on this challenge.

Do you realise it is almost 2 months since you allowed me anywhere near your blog Wendy?

Yes I have spotted that Alice.  But it has been a little bit busy during that time, a week away with family, then a week away with friends in Ireland and of course all the Grandsitting and so on.

Hmm that doesn't account for all of the time.  As usual I'm feeling very neglected.  And I see that you've added a lot of books to your "Read" list on Goodreads.  I'm beginning to think you care more about this "Frieda Klein"* than you do me.

Oh but Alice that was such a good series and I just had to keep reading the next instalment.  But I've read them all now so I'll probably slow down a bit with reading again.

Yes and take up making poppies instead!  I've seen the pattern printouts and the crochet hook being resurrected.  

Well that's part of being in the Knit and Natter group.  And the poppies are quick and easy to do.

Easy to do?  Wendy it took you 3 attempts to get started last night in the pub. It should be called the Natter group because not much knitting was going on.  Well the others there seemed to be busy but you were definitely not concentrating!  The wine probably didn't help.

Oh the wine definitely helped Alice.  I'd had a long day with Grandson Vinny yesterday.  Starting with an 8 am pick up, coping with early morning traffic and then Granddaughter Ella was here in the afternoon too.

And that justifies the wine how exactly?

I needed to unwind.

Well you were unwinding the crochet that's for sure.

Crochet's not as easy as knitting is to do without concentrating.  Or without looking at it.  But at least I'm trying to do something different.  And I've generally been quite productive this week.

Well you've been trying to get rid of things.  I've seen you putting things on Marketplace or booking collections for things.  Not sure why that's productive.  I think the clue is in the word Wendy.

Perhaps proactive would be a better word.  I've got rid of one piece of furniture we didn't need.  Hopefully the other item I've listed will go too and I've booked a collection for the old freezer.  I've also investigated upgrading our alarm system and today I tried to sort out the issue with the Tax Credit office.

That went well.  Didn't appear to get you very far.

No well the ball is back in their court Alice.  You'd think that after 14 years of doing nothing they could write off a debt that they can't even show is the right amount.

Well I think the fact that they started chasing it after 14 years of inactivity shows they're not going to write it off anytime soon!

Maybe not.  We'll have to wait and see.

Anyway Wendy, how is this post linked to the prompt Variety.

You're my variety Alice.  A change from my usual posts.

Hmm, I'd much prefer it if I was your usual or regular sort of post.

Unfortunately we can't always have what we wish for Alice.

Well that's actually a good thing Wendy or you wouldn't be writing this at all.

Alice!


* Frieda Klein is the main character in a series of books written by Nicci French.  For more details see my Goodreads page.

3 comments:

  1. Alice can be a little cheeky, can't she!! LOL It was good hearing from her again, Wendy! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been so out of the loop on blogging lately that I missed the reverse A to Z! Cute post from Alice. You sound like you have been busy too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wendy, this is so fun, I love the creativity you have with Alice. ;-)

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments and will do my best to acknowledge them, either by replying here or dropping in on your blog.

Thanks for stopping by.