Friday 7 October 2022

Friday's Fave Five - 7/10/22


It's Friday again!  Time to look back on the week and find things to be thankful for and then join in at Susanne's site at Living to Tell the Story

Here are my five:

1)  Time in Nottingham with our eldest son and his family for Grandson Miles's 2nd birthday.  We went up on Friday which was his actual birthday and came home on Saturday.  Miles is such a smiley boy and it was lovely to see him opening his presents etc. 


2) 1:1 time with Grandson Nathan on Tuesday.  I collected him from school and then took him to his tennis lesson.  It's not a lot of time but it is lovely to have time with him without any one else there.

3)  A proactive week getting things done - I managed to get rid of a piece of furniture that had been sat in the garage for ages.  I did a few other things that had been on my to do list for a while too so that felt good.

4)  I managed to fit in some walks and quite a bit of reading this week as well as getting some jobs in the house done so that felt good.

5)  Our plans for today got changed (an appointment got cancelled) so that meant I was able to spend the afternoon catching up with my best friend.  That also meant seeing her granddaughter who is almost 10 months which was an added bonus.

Have a good weekend all.

9 comments:

  1. So glad you had a good week. I also have a grandson named Miles. He is 16 - a little older than your cute grandson. Glad you had a productive week and was able to get a lot done and also spend time with a friend. See you again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sometimes cancelled appointments are a blessing! I'm glad you've had time with your family this week. It does feel good to get things done around the house. I'm glad you had a good week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's so nice to have one on one time with the grands. Not always easy to do! Best friend time is the best, too:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. A good week full of family and especially those little ones!! They are so blessed to have you close enough for school pick-ups and birthday visits!! Have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a big smile ! It's so cute when they are little and have fun to open gifts, Toby now starts to ask for envelopes because he wants to buy computer things which honestly I don't know. He can play games with boys from all over the world and the good thing is, his English has improved ! So bye bye the Christmas boxes under the tree, finally Christmas is only real Christmas when you have little children. Since my stay in Eastbourne, my breathing troubles are gone, am I happy at least I can walk normally and also do some efforts without getting breathless. So I know where I have to go on "mental health" cure !

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's so fun to have one on one time with the grandkids. Miles sure does have a big, cute smile. It feels so good to get things done from the to-do list. And sometimes canceled plans are nice. Glad you got to catch up with a friend.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yay for getting things done on your to do list! (I need that).
    Your visit to Nottingham sounds like a great time. Happy Birthday to sunny smile Miles!
    Canceled visits can indeed turn into blessings--like time with a friend.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Time with grandkids and friends all in one week, what a blessing! Yay for getting things done around the house. Nice that you had some relax time for walks and reading too. Sounds like the best of weeks!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That GRIN ... so sweet!! Happy Birthday to your cutie.

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments and will do my best to acknowledge them, either by replying here or dropping in on your blog.

Thanks for stopping by.