Thursday 6 October 2022

Why blog? Z-A Challenge 4/10/22


Click here for more info on this challenge.

Ha!  One of the reasons I enjoy a blogging challenge is that it keeps me blogging.  Well I'm behind again on this one as this should have been posted by the 4th October.

Why blog?  

My cousin got me into blogging back in 2006.  I've been on various platforms but my first post here on Blogger was 12th August 2012.

Wow I missed my 10 year anniversary.  Surprising considering that blogging gives me a way of keeping a record of my life.  One of the main reasons I blog.  I also enjoy the interaction with other bloggers.  Not that I have a huge following but there are definitely some regular visitors who I consider virtual friends.

I like to think blogging stretches my intellectual capacity.  (Having lost my Mother to Alzheimer's my constant fear is that my brain will to mush if I don't keep it stimulated and exercised.)

That said you won't find a lot of deep and meaningful things here on this blog.  It also has its ups and downs.  Following a challenge does keep me posting more often but then when a challenge is over it's easy to let my posting dwindle for a bit.  Life circumstances also have a big effect on how regularly I post.

What I'm definitely not is a) a writer, in the sense of trying to become a published author and b) someone looking to make money out of blogging.

In a nutshell, I blog for me but I do appreciate people taking the time to read my posts.  Thank you for your support.  


2 comments:

  1. I started blogging in 2007 on Yahoo360. From there (when it was shut down) I moved to Multiply and was heartsick when they closed it down. I've been on Blogger since 2012. I always enjoy my visits here with you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I share your reason for blogging as it is a great way of recording not just the major events in your life but also the everyday things that happen as well.

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments and will do my best to acknowledge them, either by replying here or dropping in on your blog.

Thanks for stopping by.