Friday, 16 September 2016
Friday's Fave Five - 16/9/16
It's Friday so it's time to join in with Suzanne's Friday's Fave Five.
It's a place to come on Fridays and think back over your week and just post about 5 favourite things from your week. It can be anything that tickled your fancy over the week. Favourite quotes, posts, happenings, scriptures, recipes, pictures, great internet finds, etc., etc.
If you want to take part or visit other Fave Five posts, click on the picture above to go to host Suzanne's site and check out the linky list.
Here are mine:
1. Spending time in the garden in the sunshine.
2. Cooler weather. Although the sunshine was lovely it has been VERY hot here but overnight and this morning we had a lot of rain and the temperature is noticeably cooler. Hopefully we won't have too much rain but it's been so hot it's been hard to get anything done.
3. Good results from my eye test. I still need my glasses but I'm less short sighted than I was and everthing looked fine as in no signs of glaucoma or anything else you wouldn't want to have!
4. Lunch with friends. Our usual four got together again today and our host Mary provided an excellent lunch. We had a mediterranean style starter, followed by salmon, rocket, creme fraiche, avocado and sun dried tomatoes on Italian flatbread followed by lemon drizzle cake with strawberries. All delicious.
5. An impromptu visit from one of our french nephews. Henri has been living in Brazil for over a year and has just come home. He's been in England for the last week catching up with all his english relatives and he called in to see us early this evening. He has matured into a very personable young man. It's nice to see all our nieces and nephews growing up but it does make me feel old sometimes!
Have a good weekend all.