Wednesday's Hodgepodge is brought to us courtesy of Joyce at
Pop over there to see other posts and if you want to join in add the link to your Hodgepodge blog post to the Linky List at the end of Joyce's post and don’t forget to visit at least your neighbours on the list.
1. Thursday (September 22) is the first official day of autumn in this part of the world...how will you /welcome the season? I know some of you have been celebrating way too early, but it's official now so permission granted. House Beautiful recently listed ten ways to make your home smell like fall (you can read the list here) What's a scent you love this time of year and how will you add it to your home?
Well my house is upside down at the moment due to plastering being done so the most thing you’re likely to smell in my house are cooking smells. Hopefully they’ll be appetising.
2. Apple pie or pumpkin pie? Apple cake or pumpkin bread? Warm apple cider or a pumpkin spice latte?
Apples all the way although I’m not a cider lover. Pumpkins are still a pretty new thing here in the UK and more likely to be used for Halloween lanterns than for food.
3. Do you suffer from what is sometimes referred to as an afternoon slump? What helps ward it off before it hits and/or tell us what helps you shake it off once it's here?
Not really. I often get out for a walk in the afternoon, either to the library, the shops or just for walking. If I do feel a bit tired I’ll have a cup of tea with something sweet and just take a break for a bit.
4. Ladies-how have your friendships with women inspired you or made you a better person? For the men here today- how have your friendships with men inspired you or made you a better person?
Some of my friends are incredibly positive people and that helps me when I’m not feeling so upbeat.
5. Are you a people pleaser? If you said yes, do you think that's a good or bad thing? If you said no, do you wish you were more of a people pleaser?
I think I am a people pleaser and it’s not always a good thing because sometimes keeping everyone else happy means you sacrifice your own needs.
6. The seasons are a-changin'...share a favorite song relating in some way to change (not necessarily seasonal change, it could be change of any kind).
Well nothing sprang to mind but I googled on YouTube and came up with this:
7. What do you wish would never change?
I’m not sure what makes a good answer to that. If things didn’t change we wouldn’t experience new things.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
As usual another challenging Hodgepodge. Thank you Joyce. And thanks to all those who visit me and comment. I love the interaction. Apologies if I miss responding to anyone.