Wednesday's Hodgepodge is brought to us courtesy of Joyce at
Pop over there to see other posts and if you want to join in add the link to your Hodgepodge blog post to the Linky List at the end of Joyce's post and don’t forget to visit at least your neighbours on the list.
1. What's left to be done on your Christmas to-do list?
Not a lot. One present to buy tomorrow and food shopping to finalise but mainly done. I keep panicking that I must have forgotten something.
2. The Hodgepodge lands on the first day of winter this year. What's your favourite thing about winter?
Well there seems to be a bit of debate about this being the first day of winter. To me it definitely seems like winter has been here for a while although today is the shortest day so days should start getting longer again now, although it will be a while before it feels like that. I don’t particularly like winter but on a nice bright sunny day it’s good to be able to get out for a walk even if it’s cold.
3. In what area of your life are you immature? Feel free to elaborate or not.
I’m not sure I am immature, I’ve dealt with the funerals of both my parents, married and had children. Had a few traumas in life to deal with. The only area I’ve not experienced, yet, is being a grandparent. Something that will hopefully be rectified in 2017.
4. What was the most (or one of the most) important lessons you learned in 2016?
Things don’t always go to plan but life does go on.
5. It's Fried Shrimp Day...are you a fan? What's your favourite way to eat shrimp? Will there be shrimp somewhere in your holiday feastings?
I love shrimp. I can eat them in a cocktail sauce, battered or in various dishes including paella. But one of my favourite is the Chinese starter prawn toast. They’ll probably feature in our holiday food somewhere but probably at our family gathering not at home.
6. What sound lulls you to sleep?
Well it’s fairly quiet in our room so I don’t fall asleep to a particular noise although sometimes the sound of the TV can have me dropping off! lol
7. What one word best describes your 2016?
8. Insert your own random thought here.
Wishing all my fellow Hodgepodgers a Happy and peaceful Christmas, especially Joyce. It’s a big commitment preparing these questions every week and I do appreciate it.