Saturday 31 December 2016

Review: All I Ever Wanted

All I Ever Wanted All I Ever Wanted by Lucy Dillon
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

A light feel-good read. Just the thing for the quiet days after Christmas. I really enjoyed it.

Cailin and Patrick are separating. Caitlin has refused to leave her house (left to her my her Grandmother) and uproot their children, Joel and Nancy, when Patrick takes a new job in distant Newcastle. She feels his job is more important to him than the family. In trying to negotiate visiting rights they settle on Patrick visiting them at his sister Eva's house every two weeks.

In the midst of this Nancy, 4, becomes a selective mute. Once a happy, chatty child, she has come to only speak in whispers and only to those close to her.

As they all try to navigate through their new situations, household disasters, and in Eva's case, grieving for the loss of her husband, they all become aware of what's really important in life, what they really want and, in Caitlin's case what being a Mother really means.



View all my reviews

1 comment:

  1. That does sound like a good book...very much like a Hallmark Movie, perhaps, which we all love during the holidays! Thanks for the review, Wendy!

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments and will do my best to acknowledge them, either by replying here or dropping in on your blog.

Thanks for stopping by.