Your Friday prompt for Stream of Consciousness Saturday is: “sh.” Find a word that begins with the letters “sh” and base your post on it. Bonus points if you start your post with those letters. Enjoy!
If you want to join the fun link your post HERE at this week’s prompt page either by pingback or posting your link in the comments so others can find it and see your awesome Stream of Consciousness post. Anyone can join in!
Full rules are listed at the bottom of this post.
Thanks to Linda G. Hill for hosting.
Shockingly, at least to me, my hubby is wearing his hearing aids almost all the time. Why is it shocking? My hubby's hearing has been deteriorating over time. We have endured the TV at loud levels, often having to repeat what we said far longer than necessary. He kept insisting that, although he accepted his hearing wasn't great, it wasn't bad enough for hearing aids.
I finally managed to get him to have a hearing test and guess what? They suggested not one, but two hearing aids. Having procrastinated for so long over getting tested I didn't think he would agree to wearing them. But he has. He has totalled embraced them. He's really impressed at what a difference they make.
So it's quieter around here and sh, don't say I told you so!
Thanks for reading. If you want join in here are the rules:
1. Your post must be stream of consciousness writing, meaning no editing, (typos can be fixed) and minimal planning on what you’re going to write.
2. Your post can be as long or as short as you want it to be. One sentence – one thousand words. Fact, fiction, poetry – it doesn’t matter. Just let the words carry you along until you’re ready to stop.
3. There will be a prompt every week. I will post the prompt here on my blog on Friday, along with a reminder for you to join in. The prompt will be one random thing, but it will not be a subject. For instance, I will not say “Write about dogs”; the prompt will be more like, “Make your first sentence a question,” “Begin with the word ‘The’,” or simply a single word to get your started.
4. Ping back! It’s important, so that I and other people can come and read your post! For example, in your post you can write “This post is part of SoCS:” and then copy and paste the URL found in your address bar at the top of this post into yours. Your link will show up in my comments for everyone to see. The most recent pingbacks will be found at the top. NOTE: Pingbacks only work from WordPress sites. If you’re self-hosted or are participating from another host, such as Blogger, please leave a link to your post in the comments below.
5. Read at least one other person’s blog who has linked back their post. Even better, read everyone’s! If you’re the first person to link back, you can check back later, or go to the previous week, by following my category, “Stream of Consciousness Saturday,” which you’ll find right below the “Like” button on my post.
6. Copy and paste the rules (if you’d like to) in your post. The more people who join in, the more new bloggers you’ll meet and the bigger your community will get!
7. As a suggestion, tag your post “SoCS” and/or “#SoCS” for more exposure and more views.
8. Have fun!