Wednesday's Hodgepodge is hosted by Joyce over at "From this side of the Pond". Pop over there to see who is playing and how to join in. If you do join in, remember to visit your neighbour on the Linky List. Have fun.
I've missed a couple of weeks thanks to moving but things are settling down now so here goes:
2. Slow as molasses, icing on the cake, that's the way the cookie crumbles, have your cake and eat it too, half-baked idea, that takes the cake...which phrase might be applied to something in your life in recent days? Explain.
That takes the cake I think. I've been trying to sort out changing our address with all the various utilities, banks etc. now we've moved. Dealing with the Government proved the hardest - somehow they have changed my date of birth on their records. I now have to get a copy of my birth certificate certified and sent to them!
3. Something that's 'easy as pie' for you to do?
Following on with the moving theme I'm going to say follow instructions - you know the ones that come with self-assembly furniture or appliances etc. I never jump straight in. I read the instructions and follow a plan. I know that some people find that quite hard lol.
4. Are you someone who likes to 'sugarcoat' news you think might not be well received, or are you more of a tell it like it is and let the chips fall where they may? Do you like to receive your news the same way you give it?
Well I once tried sugar coating the news that our dog had been euthanised by the vet by telling the kids he'd been put to sleep. My eldest son went away, thought about this, came back and said, "You said the vet put the dog to sleep? But the dog's dead right?" Of course I replied yes and his response? "So the vet killed him then." Now I tell it how it is and that's how I like to be told.
5. Something you did recently that made you feel like a 'smart cookie'?
I got our wifi and cable TV up and running and when we had trouble getting signal in some parts of the house I fixed that too.
6. Insert your own random thought here.
Obviously there are big things to sort out when you move into a house, like doing all the notifications and getting the wifi sorted but then there are the little things.
We have a vanity unit in the shower room and the handles were quite worn and actually sharp to touch in places.
This could have gone under #5 too!