Thursday 29 October 2020

Wednesday's Hodgepodge on Thursday! 29/10/20


Wednesday's Hodgepodge is hosted by Joyce over at "From this side of the Pond".  Pop over there to see who is playing and how to join in.  If you do join in, remember to visit your neighbour on the Linky List.  Have fun.

Well I'm a day late but here goes: 

1. Boo, boo-hoo, make a boo-boo, boo(ze)...pick one and tell us how it relates to life lately. 
Boo-hoo probably.  Restrictions are getting tighter and tighter here in the UK as Covid numbers rise.  Makes it harder to see the kids.  Can't see the ones in Nottingham at all and should only be seeing the others outdoors.  Tricky with all the wet weather we've had and little ones.  We also heard yesterday that one of our eldest son's dogs had died during the night.  Quite unexpected, probably a heart attack or stroke the vet thought but a shock for them.  Joe was only 8 years old.  RIP Joe.
 
Also boo(ze).  Our consumption of wine, red in particularly, has definitely increased!

2. Do you like the color orange? Would we find this color in your home? Your wardrobe? Peach-pumpkin-tangeringe...your favorite shade of the three listed?
It's a colour I can take or leave.  I think I have 1 "orange" top in my wardrobe and I do have orange cushions on my brown sofas but of the 3 shades I'm definitely more in favour of peach.

3. October 28th is National Chocolate Day. What's the last chocolate something you tasted? On a scale of 1-10 with 10 being out of this world delicious, how would you rate it? 
Lindt Lindor Milk Chocolate Truffles Box 200g
One of these and they are definitely a 10 on the scale.  I try and limit myself to one at a time - but I don't always succeed lol.

4. Life is like a box of chocolates or so says Forrest Gump's mama. Would you agree? Aside from the pandemic fallout tell us one way this saying has played out in your life. 
 
Well we had no idea whether our youngest son and his wife were having a boy or a girl in either of their pregnancies, each one was a surprise.  (Come to that all my children were surprises - no gender reveals from scans in those days!)

5. As October winds down tell us three things you loved about the month we're bidding adieu. 
  • We got to meet Grandson #5, Miles, before restrictions made it impossible.  Those precious early cuddles may have to sustain us for a while.
  • Getting more settled into our new home.
  • Exploring our local surroundings.
6.  Insert your own random thought here. 

Well despite the sadness mentioned above, and the current restrictions, we are actually doing ok.  We have much to be thankful for.

 

8 comments:

  1. Sigh...same here in communist New York. (did I just say that out loud? grin)...the restrictions are very uncomfortable and do very little to elevate the issue(s) at hand.

    I love Lindor and red wine too...maybe its time to open some bottles around here, more grins...don't mind me, I am just being silly and so over the restrictions.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, I am happy you got to meet Miles before the restrictions set in.
    I am sorry about Joe.
    Hugs,
    Carla

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so sorry you have tighter restrictions again and can't see those babies. We still have relaxed rules here but numbers are increasing so I'm sure things will change again. We really need that vaccine. I can't have just one piece of chocolate. Be well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I struggle with just one piece of chocolate too lol

      Delete
  4. Just remember--red wine is good for you :)
    I'm sorry about Joe. What a shock to lose him in the night like that.
    Our new home area doesn't have nearly as many restrictions as our old place, so we are able to see our girls and grands, attend church, have dr and dentist appointments. I wonder if that will change in the next month or two.
    Enjoy exploring your new surroundings!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you can see your family. I'm just grateful for social media for keeping us in touch.

      Delete

I love receiving comments and will do my best to acknowledge them, either by replying here or dropping in on your blog.

Thanks for stopping by.