Friday 7 May 2021

Friday's Fave Five - 7/5/21

 

Friday's Fave Five is hosted by Susanne at Living to the the Story and it's a chance each week to step back and think about our blessings for the week and share them with others.  Here's the link.

Well this has been a quiet week so I had to think hard but here goes:

1)  Our vaccine programme and lockdown seem to be working - our Covid numbers are really low, despite some restrictions having been eased and we're now looking forward to the next easing on May 17th.  We will be able to meet people indoors providing there are no blips in numbers or other factors they are monitoring. 

2)  A new toaster!  A few years ago my son & DIL had bought us a 4 slice toaster and it really made a difference when we had people staying. Up till then we'd only had a 2 slice toaster.  Well after we moved here one side of our toaster packed up so it became a 2 slice toaster which was fine because for most of the past year or so there have only been 2 of us here but more recently we've had our daughter and family here more and our DIL and 2 grandsons here each Wednesday so I decided it was time we replaced the toaster.   I also got a new kettle as the filter in ours had disintegrated and I couldn't find a replacement anywhere.  We live in an area where the water is really hard so I decided it was time for a new kettle too.

3) Reading time.  I made more time for reading this week.  Including with Rory:



4)  Both Nathan & Ella seem to be recovering after being unwell this week.  Nathan had a bout of croup last weekend and ended up at the hospital needed steroids and inhalers and Ella has had what seems to have been just a cold but of course babies can't blow their noses so end up being snuffly and not great.  I think it's been a hard week for my daughter and DIL.

5)  More walking.  I've been trying to get out for a walk each day and increase my step count.  I managed 6 days out of 7 for the last few weeks.  I even managed to dodge all the rain showers we've had this week!

Have a good weekend all!

9 comments:

  1. Glad your restrictions are relaxing a bit! Cute photo of you with Rory! Hooray for the new appliances! Happy weekend, Wendy!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is such a cute picture of you reading to Rory. So glad your Covid numbers are going down. Same here. Yay for walking every day! Good for you. Have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's good that restrictions will be easing soon. Reading time is a big favorite--especially with grandkids. So glad the babies are doing better. It's good you are walking--I need to do that more.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the pic of you reading with your grandson! so cute!!

    Yay for Spring walks and England finally getting out of lockdown!

    HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY and enjoy the weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a sweet picture of you reading with Rory
    I'm glad Nathan is ok. It's hard to be little and in the hospital.
    More daily walks is always a fave with me, and you live near so many wonderful spots to walk.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are doing well with your walking. 6 days out of 7 is incredible. I am excited about being able to meet people indoors from 17 th . At long last I will be able to see my son and Dil!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great job on the walking! I'm back to counting steps on my Fitbit and it shocks me how quickly I've lost stamina. The picture of you reading to Rory is so sweet. I miss being able to do that with my grandkids who live far away. Such special time together.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Now that the terraces are open I walk more !! I need to sit down after a while and take a rest. Now I am happy that I could have a drink but I didn't take one ! far too cold ! poor babies and poor parents !

    ReplyDelete
  9. Glad your restrictions are easing up. What a precious moment, reading with your grandson! Good for you for doing well on your walking.

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments and will do my best to acknowledge them, either by replying here or dropping in on your blog.

Thanks for stopping by.