Monday 14 October 2024

Monday Mutterings - 14/10/24


I definitely need that first cup of tea in the morning lol.

No early start required today though but we had a busy weekend with my eldest son and his family here.  They arrived late on Friday but grandsons Noah and Miles were still up early on Saturday.

Our day was fairly quiet though as they were here to visit friends for a 40th birthday so we didn't see too much of them and when they got back Miles was sound asleep and Noah went straight to bed too.

On Sunday we met up with my daughter and her family and a few nieces and nephews for Sunday lunch at a local carvery.  It wasn't the most relaxing lunch with our 4 little ones, and because the carvery is very popular and we booked at short notice our tables weren't together but we managed and the food was really good AND.....I didn't have to cook!

Of course today there has been lots of washing to do - bedding, towels etc but I'm so glad we have so much space for the kids to be able to come and stay.

I've also had my Covid booster jab today so that's another jab ticked off the list.  I just need my second shingles jab now and I'll have the full winter set.

I managed a few more chapters of David Copperfield today.  The language is a bit flowery at times and there are soooo many characters to keep track of but it's actually quite easy to read because I'm finding it engaging.

I've also got all but one of the outstanding prompts in the 52 book challenge  sorted and I've only had to buy one book for those, the rest were books already in the house.

The prompt I have left is "set during a holiday you don't celebrate" which might take a bit of research.  I'm thinking Halloween or maybe a New Year in a different culture.  Or maybe I'll find a book that has a 4th July celebration in it.  All suggestions welcome.  

Have a good week.

4 comments:

  1. You had a busy weekend but I know you loved every minute with the kids. All those necessary 'jabs' are no fun but I truly believe they keep us healthier. Have a good week ahead, Wendy!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Wendy. The Perfect Couple by Elin Hilderbrand is set over the 4th of July - at least the Netflix version of the book is. Sounds like you had a nice family weekend. Enjoy the week. See you again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A busy but enjoyable weekend. Yes the time for jobs again. I had my flu and Covid last week so am up to date again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello, I am so happy you enjoyed your family time. :-) Even if you need another cup of tea.
    Love, Carla

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments and will do my best to acknowledge them, either by replying here or dropping in on your blog.

Thanks for stopping by.