Friday 18 October 2024

Friday's Fave Five - 18/10/24


It's Friday so time to look back on the week and find the things to be grateful for.  Susanne keeps us on our toes with this and her blog with all the info and linky list is here.

1)  Family time last weekend - my eldest son and his family were here.  We didn't see much of them on Saturday as they were meeting up with friends to celebrate a 40th birthday but on Sunday we had a nice lunch out with them, my daughter and her family plus one of Hubby's sisters and a several nieces and nephews.

2)  Got my Covid booster on Monday so I just need my 2nd shingles jab and I'm winter ready!

3)  Blood test results showing I'm still out of the pre-diabetic range.  The level had crept up slightly but I wasn't too surprised about that - I haven't been keeping to good habits recently but I'm trying not to get complacent - I didn't add any chocolate to the shopping list this week!

4)  Some sunshine during the week which meant I got some walking done.  Just around our local lake and it's Wellie season again now thanks to all the rain we've had, but it still feels good to get out in the fresh air.

5)  Made time for some reading - I'm making progress with David Copperfield and I have all the books lined up for the remaining prompts on the challenge I'm doing.  One of them is reserved at the library so I hope I don't have to wait too long for that or I might need to rethink that one.  Thanks to Deb for the suggestion.

I've also done a bit of Grandsitting with Nathan and Ella during the week too.  

Have a good weekend all.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Wendy! I hope you like that Elin Hilderbrand book. I haven't read the book yet (I have it on order) but we sure enjoyed the movie version of it on Netflix. We are getting our Covid jabs tonight. I got my shingles vaccination a few years back and hubby finally got his last year. My sister got shingles and literally almost died when it went up her brain stem, so shingles can be very scary. I'm glad that you got some family time and that your blood test had positive results. Have a good weekend. See you again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know you are enjoying all the family time! I need to get out and walk more, now that our weather is beginning to be a bit more comfortable. Good for you getting out and getting it done!! Great catching up with you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Spending time with family is the best! I haven't read David Copperfield since I was in school. I remember really enjoying it.

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments and will do my best to acknowledge them, either by replying here or dropping in on your blog.

Thanks for stopping by.