Wednesday 9 October 2024

Wednesday Hodgepodge - 9/10/24


Wednesday again so time to take part in the Hodgepodge hosted by Joyce here.

1. Thursday is National Walk To A Park Day. I know these celebratory days are mostly made up, but some are fun to think about. Do you live close enough to a park to walk to one on Thursday? Will you? The most famous park in the world is Central Park located in NYC. Have you ever been to Central Park? What did you think? If you haven't been is this a place you'd like to see? 

I often talk of walking around the lake near me but just beyond that is Highams Park so yes they're both near enough to walk.  I won't walk there tomorrow as it's the day I volunteer at the local food bank.  I have been to Central Park.  We didn't cover much of it - it's so huge!

2. Something you've done recently that turned out to be a 'walk in the park'? 

We walked a local Arts trail at the weekend.  It wasn't in a park but it was a nice easy way to pass an afternoon.

3. Can you parallel park? Do you have to do this often where you live? 

I absolutely can parallel park.  Ahem, I live in London.  

4. The colours of fall...red, brown, russet, golden bronze, golden yellow, purplish red, light tan, crimson, orange red, and scarlet. Are these colours you like to wear? Is this your season in terms of colour? What about your home? Would we see these tones in your home decorating?  

They're not colours that feature a lot in my wardrobe or in my home although I do have red accessories in one of our bedrooms.

5. What part of history do you find most interesting? Elaborate. 

I'm not great at history if I'm honest but I do love watching historical dramas such as Downton Abbey or the series on Queen Victoria.    I've also found a book series set in the time of Henry VIII very interesting.  (by C J Sansom).

6. Insert your own random thought here. 

Well firstly I hope that anyone in the path of Milton stays safe.

Secondly, I'm coming to America!  We booked our flights today so we'll be visiting my son and his family for Thanksgiving.  Can't wait.  We hopefully won't be in the path of any hurricanes but there will most likely be snow!  Lots of it.  They're up in Vermont.  Good excuse to stay home and spend time with the grandkids.


7 comments:

  1. I am happy you are coming here later this year!! I know your kiddos will love having you here for Thanksgiving! Wish it was closer to Florida so we could meet for a coffee/tea! I enjoyed your Hodgepodge, Wendy!! Thanks for the good wishes. Milton is making himself known and he hasn't even made landfall yet. Prayers!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How exciting to have that trip for Thanksgiving planned! Hope all goes smoothly and you have a wonderful time. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful time to see Vermont! And I know you're ready to see your grands! I think it will help when you see them in person in their new space. I always find it helps me when mine are some distance from me. I'm excitd for you.!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Wendy, oh how fun, I hope you get to enjoy a TON of snow. :-)
    I laughed at your parallel parking, "Ahem, I live in London." Hee Hee!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Wendy, returning the visit, I liked your answers, Henry VIII was an interesting fella

    ReplyDelete
  6. Have a safe trip, Wendy, smiles.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'll have to check out the book series you mentioned. I, too, like Downton Abbey. It would be nice to have something along those lines to read. So nice catching up with you today, Wendy.

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments and will do my best to acknowledge them, either by replying here or dropping in on your blog.

Thanks for stopping by.