Sunday, 2 September 2012

Safe and sound! 020912

We heard from Michael today.  He has managed to leave New Orleans and make his way back to Vermont.  They had lost power for several days but apart from that and the enforced lack of air conditioning all was okay.  That’s a relief. 

I’ve had a lazy day today – a group of us were out on a hen night last night – Nick’s nephew is getting married in 3 weeks so we went out for a meal for his fiancée.  I stayed at his sister’s house afterwards but some of the youngsters went on to a club after the meal so Rebecca ended up at his other sister’s house so I had to go and pick her up.  It was lunchtime before I got home.   

I spent the afternoon getting the house tidy and sorting out my things ready for tomorrow.  Back to work properly.  Still have the aftermath of the break in to deal with plus the backlog of post and e-mails, will be off to bed soon so that I’m fit and raring to go in the morning!   

Although not as fit as I’d like – I have to arrange physio for my shoulder.  Hopefully that appointment will be organised more easily than the appointment I’m still waiting for to get my foot looked at.  I sent in that referral at the end of July.   

When we got back from holiday I hadn’t heard anything so I rang them.  They seem to constantly have their answerphone left on so after several tries I left a message.  No response.  So this week I tried again – I got a different response “We are extremely busy, your call is being held in a queue.  You are # (deep breath, wait for how far down the queue I am) ONE!  First in the queue!  Hooray, progress, will actually get to speak to someone.  Except I didn’t.  I suddenly heard a voice say “Just putting you through.” Putting me through!  How can you putting me through?  You don’t know which department I want!  Then there was a recorded message thanking me for contacting the physiotherapy department but unfortunately they were too busy to answer my call and would I please leave a message.  Of course I wouldn’t like to leave them a message.  They’re not even in the same building as the foot clinic!   

I did eventually get to speak to someone only to find that they apparently had not received the referral.  So now I have hand delivered a copy.  Hopefully I won’t have to wait too long for an appointment. Off to bed now.  Hope you've all had a good weekend.

1 comment:

  1. I will try to only leave one comment today. What a relief to know Michael is safe. I hope you get your foot looked at soon. Take care.


I love receiving comments and will do my best to acknowledge them, either by replying here or dropping in on your blog.

Thanks for stopping by.