Wednesday 11 October 2017

Wednesday Hodgepodge - 11/10/17



Wednesday's Hodgepodge is brought to us courtesy of Joyce at
Pop over there to see other posts and if you want to join in add the link to your Hodgepodge blog post to the Linky List at the end of Joyce's post and don’t forget to visit at least your neighbours on the list.

1. On a scale of 1-10 how would you rate your sense of direction? 1=can't find my way out of a paper bag and 10=if I've been somewhere once I can find it blindfolded ten years later.
I’m probably an 8.  I think I have quite a good sense of direction although I did get lost navigating my way through IKEA today lol
When was the last time you looked at/used a map you could hold in your hand? (phones don't count!) 
Not recently but I do still keep a map book in the car and we’ve been on walks where we’ve used real maps – more reliable than the phone signal!
back east, down south, out west, up north
Choose one of these directional expressions and tell us why you chose it.
Up north.  London is often considered to be south so everything else must be up north!
2. Did you do more talking or listening yesterday? Is that typical? Describe your yesterday in one word.
Probably about 50-50.  Typical on a day when hubby was at home and the kids were around for dinner.  Yesterday - marking time.  Sorry I know that’s two words but I couldn’t think of one word to sum up my day of waiting for a new fridge to be delivered – late morning became 5.15 pm.
3. Time, money, water-power-resources, opportunity...which one on the list are you most guilty of wasting? What might you do to change that?
I can be guilty of all those at times although I probably don’t waste too much money and I’m definitely more conscious about wasting resources than I used to be.  I’m working on not wasting time, or feeling less guilty about it when I do.  I’m also trying to be better at saying yes to opportunities.  
4. Did your family take regular vacations when you were a kid? Tell us something you remember about a family road trip from your own childhood.
We tended to just have an annual summer holiday – we often went to a holiday camp by the sea and often that would be with other family members.  I can remember one year travelling in a convoy and one of my uncles, who was definitely a joker, giving us cards with the letter T and P on them.  He told us to hold up the T if we needed to stop for tea and P if we needed the toilet!
5. If you could grow anything you wanted, what would you grow? Why?
I always wanted to grow my hair.  I always felt long hair was more versatile but mine always seemed to get to just past my shoulders and then stop.  These days I’d probably prefer to grow some scented flowers.
6. Insert your own random thought here.
We could be empty nested again by Christmas.  Son and DIL have had their mortgage approved so another step towards having their own place. Exciting times. 

8 comments:

  1. Congrats to your son and dil! I enjoyed reading your HP answers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. waiting for deliveries... or tradespeople.. Wouldn't you like to have all of those hours back!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it might be scary to add it all up!

      Delete
  3. I'd probably be more at the "can't find my way out of a paper bag" end of the scale. Phones are great for figuring out where you are and directions, but all to often we haven't had good service so it's always good to have paper backups.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely. If I'm doing an unfamiliar journey I usually print out a map and directions before we go in case our maps are out of date of not detailed enough.

      Delete
  4. I laughed at your childhood memory of vacation. :-) It seems typical to me that everyone there goes 'to the sea' for a vacation. Is that true? or just a perception from the books and movies I've read/watched? I bet you'll have mixed feelings about the empty nest time approaching.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I gave up growing my hair when I became a nurse. Just so much easier if it was pretty short. I hate to wait for deliveries. Why can't they just say it will be almost evening. Because it almost always is.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yesterday was a bit annoying as I rang at lunchtime and got the impression it wasn't going to be much longer. Fortunately I didn't have anywhere else to be.

      Delete

I love receiving comments and will do my best to acknowledge them, either by replying here or dropping in on your blog.

Thanks for stopping by.