Wednesday 4 October 2017

Wednesday Hodgepodge 4/10/17




Wednesday's Hodgepodge is brought to us courtesy of Joyce at
Pop over there to see other posts and if you want to join in add the link to your Hodgepodge blog post to the Linky List at the end of Joyce's post and don’t forget to visit at least your neighbours on the list.

1.  Have you ever spent time on a farm? Tell us a little bit about it. Have you ever grown your own pumpkin? Been on a hayride? Driven a tractor? Milked a cow?
I’ve spent very little time on farms just the odd visit here and there.  My French brother-in-law’s family were farmers so I’ve been there and my school worked with a Christian community that established themselves in Sussex.  They had farmland but also a furniture making business so that they were self-sufficient and the school would make regular visits.  I’ve also taken the kids to various “open” farms but I’ve never done any of the things on the list.
2. What's something younger you would like about you now? 
Hopefully the way I’ve raised my family.
3. What are three things you'd like to do more often?
Be more productive with my time.
More crafting.
Getting out and about.
Three things you'd like to do less often?
Procrastinate/Waste time.
Ironing
Checking/deleting e-mails.
4. What's on your nachos?
I seldom eat nachos.
5. What's the most random thing in your purse or wallet? Does it need to stay there?
Someone gave me “An Angel in your Pocket” charm and as I don’t always have something on with pockets but very seldom leave the house without my purse the Angel is in my purse.
6.  Insert your own random thought here.
Answering #3 reminds me of the battle I constantly have with myself.  I have good days when I’m really organised and productive and get loads done or take myself out.  And other days when I just please myself and very little gets done and then I feel guilty at the end of the day.  Then a little voice pipes up saying “you’re retired, it’s ok” but I guess it’s because I don’t really see myself as retired.  I stopped working.  It’s different.  I need to work out a long term plan and maybe a bucket list.  Maybe tomorrow lol.  Today I’m off to spend time with Nathan and his Mummies.  Far more important.

8 comments:

  1. I relate so well to what you described about time management. 'Retirement' is tricky and we're trying to figure it all out too. Your little guy is so handsome and looks like he's doing well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoyed your WH thoughts, especially your random thoughts, I too have a tendency to procrastinate, and deal with the guilt, but oh! how I love those productive days.
    beautiful baby,
    Blessings,
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nathan is such a cutie pie! Don't worry about what needs to be done you can always organize tomorrow (like me)!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had to learn a long time ago, not to worry about managing my time. Having a chronic illness will do that for you. I enjoy the good days, when I can do what I want to do, but don't feel guilty when I don't feel like doing anything. I would like to have a few more productive days, though.

    Enjoy your day! Spending time with your cute little fellow will be awesome.

    Kathy (Reflections)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nathan is quite the handsome young man!! I enjoyed your answers! A day late getting around, but here just the same!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can comfort you ! At the very beginning of my retirement I had the feeling or obligation to be busy all the time ! I dressed for 10 at the latest or earlier and then looked around what to do. There were things to do but what ?? It took me about 3 years and two of my friends also, until we said not it's enough we are retired and if we want to stay in the bathrobe the whole day nobody (except maybe the husband) can say anything about it. If I don't wash today I wash tomorrow, if the house is a mess, I'll do it when suddenly I feel it is really necessary (or not) It is very difficult to live without any pressure or timing and do what you want when you want !! Wait you will join the company ! Little Nathan becomes a big baby !!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can relate to your number three!
    Sweet grandbaby! Hope you enjoyed your visit! ❤️

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments and will do my best to acknowledge them, either by replying here or dropping in on your blog.

Thanks for stopping by.