Wednesday 25 October 2017

Wednesday Hodgepodge 25/10/17



Wednesday's Hodgepodge is brought to us courtesy of Joyce at
Pop over there to see other posts and if you want to join in add the link to your Hodgepodge blog post to the Linky List at the end of Joyce's post and don’t forget to visit at least your neighbours on the list.

1. What's surprised you most about your life or life in general? 
It doesn’t always go to plan.
2.  Sweet potato fries, sweet potato casserole, a baked sweet potato, a bowl of butternut squash soup, a caramel apple or a slice of pumpkin pie...you have to order one thing on this list right now. Which one do you go for?
Probably a caramel apple or maybe the butternut squash soup.
3. What's a famous book set in your home state? Have you read it? On a scale of 1-5 (5 is fantastic) how many stars does it rate?
Girl on a Train by Paula Hawkins.  I have read it and I’d give it a 4 out of 5.
4. There are 60 days until Christmas...have you started your shopping? How do you stay organized for the holidays?
I have started my shopping (a necessity this year as we’ll be travelling from mid-November to mid-December) and I make lists, lists and then more lists!
5. October 26th is National Tennessee Day. Have you ever lived or spent any time in Tennessee? Is this a state you'd like to visit one day? The top rated tourist attractions in Tennessee are-

The Great Smoky Mountain National Park (Gatlinburg area), Elvis's Graceland (Memphis), Birth of the Music Biz (Memphis and Nashville), Dollywood (Pigeon Forge), Tennessee's Military Heritage (many battlefields), The Hermitage (Andrew Jackson's home), The Parthenon (Nashville), Oak Ridge American Museum of Science and Energy, Chattagnooa and the Tennessee Valley Railroad, Downtown Knoxville, Lookout Mountain, The Titanic Museum (Pigeon Forge), The Museum of Appalachia (Clinton), and The Lost Sea Adventure (Sweetwater)
How many on this list have you seen? Which one on the list would you most like to see?
I haven’t spent any time in Tennessee and I think it’s unlikely that I will although it does seem to have a lot of attractions.
6.  Insert your own random thought here.
I feel like I’ve rushed this post – it’s almost Thursday now here in the UK.  I’ve had two busy days babysitting Nathan.  It’s a lot of fun and I love doing it but it’s hard work!  But when you get to look at this cute face how can you say no?


6 comments:

  1. I don't even think of Christmas ! Your little Nathan is really cute ! At that age at least you don't have to fight and argue to switch off the TV ! That's my only trouble.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No he's not allowed to look at any screens yet lol.

      Delete
  2. AWWWW Nathan is adorable. I hope you have a beautiful day, friend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nathan is adorable and of course takes precedence over blogging!! Enjoy that baby. Time goes too fast!

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments and will do my best to acknowledge them, either by replying here or dropping in on your blog.

Thanks for stopping by.