Thursday 19 October 2017

Review: The Trouble with Goats and Sheep

The Trouble with Goats and SheepThe Trouble with Goats and Sheep by Joanna Cannon
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

England,1976.

Mrs Creasy is missing and The Avenue is alive with whispers. As the summer shimmers endlessly on, ten-year-olds Grace and Tilly decide to take matters into their own hands.
And as the cul-de-sac starts giving up its secrets, the amateur detectives will find much more than they imagined…
 


Loved it. Set in the summer of 1976 and switching back to events in 1967 it was so evocative of that very hot summer which was just before my final year at school so I was on holiday for most of it. The characters and events ring true and it was definitely quirky at times. Not a great ending but it didn't spoil my enjoyment.

View all my reviews

1 comment:

I love receiving comments and will do my best to acknowledge them, either by replying here or dropping in on your blog.

Thanks for stopping by.